2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sig on Dom:

"Yeah he's fantastic," Sigurdsson remarked.

"His physical ability is fantastic for such a good player. He's got an incredible leap, I think he can jump as high as anyone!

"He's fit and very strong, quick as well, and he makes it really hard for defenders to deal with him.

"He's always learning, but he's been playing really well over the past couple of months. Hopefully he can keep working hard, keep fit and stay in the side."

We got 20 per season from Lukaku for 3 seasons when we had less money. He's going nowhere if he starts scoring for us, we don't need to sell.

Not to be too much of a PITA, but we got 15, 10, 18, and 25 league goals from Rom. All comps don't really apply when the crowd with their pitchforks and torches are so willing to disregard minutes played vs matches played regarding Dom.

He scored 25 goals that meant nothing in a terrible season. He achieved that holy grail of 20 league goals once. We fleeced United.

Realistaically you can’t really expect any more from Digne or the rest of the defence , maybe Coleman like you said the return from siggy and richy is good and may be improved upon but not by a massive amount , Bernard has never scored many so the extra goals we need have to come from cm or OUT STRIKER, unless you think we score enough already ?

Our scoring rate is pretty good already. And our +6 goal difference is the best outside the top six.

DCL does need to improve his shooting accuracy currently at 35% whereas top strikers are more like 45%. I think the real thing for him to work on right now is the number of shots he has, roughly 1 per game. More shots = more practice=more goals=more confidence=more accuracy.

Just for the record Richarlison accuracy is 34% and I don’t hear the same criticism of him, because he’s had more shots and therefore scored more goals!

Sig on Dom:

"His physical ability is fantastic for such a good player. He's got an incredible leap, I think he can jump as high as anyone!

"He's fit and very strong, quick as well, and he makes it really hard for defenders to deal with him.

"He's always learning, but he's been playing really well over the past couple of months. Hopefully he can keep working hard, keep fit and stay in the side."

Pah.... what does gylfi know.... this lad is useless.

Sig on Dom:

He's hardly going to come out and say he's crap though, is he?

I hope he keeps improving and would love him to start scoring, but I just don't see it. We'll just have to wait and see. One thing's for sure though, we need a another striker in the summer.

What a tricky one. Has he got that little step up improvement to jump us up a bit in the league.
Heart says yes.
Head says no
:(

Not to be too much of a PITA, but we got 15, 10, 18, and 25 league goals from Rom. All comps don't really apply when the crowd with their pitchforks and torches are so willing to disregard minutes played vs matches played regarding Dom.

He scored 25 goals that meant nothing in a terrible season. He achieved that holy grail of 20 league goals once. We fleeced United.
Goals that meant nothing to you mate. For fans who actually care about the results those goals were very welcome I can assure you.

What a tricky one. Has he got that little step up improvement to jump us up a bit in the league.
Heart says yes.
Head says no
:(
We don't necessarily have to sign a replacement we can just sign another DCL and hopefully they bounce off each other and improve each other, I just don't feel too confident in DCL's finishing ability.

Darn right and screwed them on Sunday!!

Funny ... for a club who hasn't exactly been blessed with consistent goalscorers we have fans very quick to criticise a lad of 22 who's development curve has been staggering.

He has played a grand total of 4064 minutes for the club.... that is less than many players complete in one season. So.... in terms of experience he is still a novice... yet in terms of trajectory his ceiling is sky high.

I wouldn't expect a few on here to understand this - mainly because they don't want to. They pinned their colours to the mast and can't handle being wrong.... the pack mentality after the Fulham game was embarrassing and they should be ashamed.

In a game at the weekend which showcased the arrogance and egos of so-called superstars who have neither the heart, honesty, or the athletic capabilities to impact a game like DCL - some of our fans need to be grateful that a player like Dom is prepared to be brave enough to show what is required to wear a blue shirt after seasons of watching similarly cowardly half arsed efforts from some of our expensive failures.

So to those fanboys.....Go and stick up for lukaku on redcafe - that's where he needs his support right now... I'd like to be able to say "savour the memory of him delivering a trophy for us", but he was more arsed about the golden boot for himself and he could manage that cos of his laziness, arrogance and inability to deliver in big games against better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.