2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That chance where Keane slots him through and he doesn't even hit the target that's just so so poor and for a team like us we can't afford chances like that to go to waste, He's come on leaps and bounds this year though easily the most improved player. I'd love to see him a 442 or something.

My boy DCL. An experienced forward in the summer to lift the burden from him and for him to learn from would be ideal.

He'll play for England.

Umm... no? I'd love to be wrong, I like his game. He works hard, he is a great athlete, but just no. Not that level of player in my view.

That chance where Keane slots him through and he doesn't even hit the target that's just so so poor and for a team like us we can't afford chances like that to go to waste, He's come on leaps and bounds this year though easily the most improved player. I'd love to see him a 442 or something.

Was it really? It wasn’t that big a chance to be honest, if we have a striker that’s burying chances from there left right and centre, he won’t be here long.

A more experienced striker wouldn’t have shot from there; defender on his back he was in a great position to charge into the box and tempt Ogbonna to take him down.

if Silva had a Che Adams on the bench
I like this idea. If none of the academy boys are good enough yet to step up, we’ve got to take a chance on someone like this, or Dack etc....... a la Tim Cahill. We cannot carry on lashing out huge money on dodgy imports, hopefully the Tosun experience will signal the end of this strategy. Anyway, back on topic.........DCL, tremendous on Saturday.

I like this idea. If none of the academy boys are good enough yet to step up, we’ve got to take a chance on someone like this, or Dack etc....... a la Tim Cahill. We cannot carry on lashing out huge money on dodgy imports, hopefully the Tosun experience will signal the end of this strategy. Anyway, back on topic.........DCL, tremendous on Saturday.

How much do you think Che Adams would cost?

I have no clue, but as he’s currently with a mid table EFL side, probably nowhere near what Tosun cost. And probably wouldn’t demand Sandro’s wages. Che, Dack, whoever...... DCL was out there (for peanuts) and whether you rate him or not, he’s doing ok imo, and improving.

Was it really? It wasn’t that big a chance to be honest, if we have a striker that’s burying chances from there left right and centre, he won’t be here long.
Not saying he should have banged it in but to not even hit the target from here? That annoyed me a little.
Untitled.jpg

A more experienced striker wouldn’t have shot from there; defender on his back he was in a great position to charge into the box and tempt Ogbonna to take him down.
Yep I can agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.