2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I guarantee it was a performance that delighted his team mates. Every time a ball is knocked forward, the defence needs respite, DCL provided that yesterday. I noticed lots of occasions when VvD won a header but didn’t control it. It’s little things like that which make a huge difference in the opposition getting into a rhythm.

VvD was outstanding yesterday, but I’m sure he’ll have respected DCL. It was a selfless performance, it was a performance for the team.

The big thing for me yesterday was how little impact Tosun had on the game when he came on. We lost an awful lot when he came on and you could really notice the difference Calvert Lewin makes.

Yesterday he kept the best centre back in the league honest, which for a lad at 21 is a fine achievement. I must admit I am always surprised at how under valued Calvert Lewin is and how over valued Lookman is. I think it's because Lookman does things the crowd like to see more.

The big thing for me yesterday was how little impact Tosun had on the game when he came on. We lost an awful lot when he came on and you could really notice the difference Calvert Lewin makes.

Yesterday he kept the best centre back in the league honest, which for a lad at 21 is a fine achievement. I must admit I am always surprised at how under valued Calvert Lewin is and how over valued Lookman is. I think it's because Lookman does things the crowd like to see more.

....it’s a very good point, the Tosun cameo allowed an instant comparison. DCL isn’t showy but he does a job. I watched the Sky coverage and Gary Neville was really impressed with DCLs performance, I could see why.

....it’s a very good point, the Tosun cameo allowed an instant comparison. DCL isn’t showy but he does a job. I watched the Sky coverage and Gary Neville was really impressed with DCLs performance, I could see why.

James Pearce the Kopite Scruff who writes for the Echo reckons it was man against boy stuff ( DCL v VVD )

That'll be why VVD got man of the match then James with it being so easy for him.

He's an absolute whopper that fella

He needs to score goals. His overall game isn't actually that bad but he's like the anti-Lukaku - his game is too far the other way so he's no threat in front of goal.

Six months in the Championship and grabbing 10-15 goals would do him the world of good.

If Tammy Abraham can net for fun there, Dom won't have a problem.

James Pearce the Kopite Scruff who writes for the Echo reckons it was man against boy stuff ( DCL v VVD )

That'll be why VVD got man of the match then James with it being so easy for him.

He's an absolute whopper that fella
Yes it is strange how we are being portrayed as being fortunate that Liverpool didn't play well through midfield yet VVD was MOTM??? Surely that suggests he had more to do defensively than Everton in a 0-0 result? In fact the Powerankings back up that Liverpool had more defending to do than Everton.

He's not good enough at the moment, hopefully a bit part role next season will see the best start to come out of him.

I thought he played within himself yesterday, perhaps unfair to a player like him to be more physical but I thought he could/should have put himself about a bit more - he pulled out of two 50/50s.

Yeah because the crowd like to see actual talent and potential on the pitch, rather than a Championship striker "running his socks off". He's not even comparable to strikers out of the top 6 (Vardy, Arnautovic, Batshuayi etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.