Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

He near got Derby a play off place.

He took a Chelsea team with no ability to use the transfer market into the CL by bringing through their kids. As Tuchel said about him after taking over: "Frank had an amazing record in the group stage of the Champions League. [He] won all the FA Cup games. He's laid the foundation to get us to finals and I will never forget it, we don't feel ashamed or have any fear to speak it out loud."It felt like that on the first day. I am aware Frank created his own legacy as a player and make it bigger as a coach. We stepped in halfway through the season and tried to fulfil the job he had began."

Here at Everton he steadied a ship heading for the rocks and then averted hitting them. With ten bob he's sorted out the MF and defence and identified the attackers he wanted to come in, but the board wouldn't go and get them.

Any other evaluation is cloud cuckoo land stuff.

Yes, he gets his formations and tactics wrong too many times, but overall he;s done well.

If I think he's lost the plot and we need to get shut I'll say so. I already did before the United game last season by saying if he didn;t get the win he'd need to be sacked because the club is far more important than him or any other manager. But we're a few months from any decision like that right now.

Lol.

He near got Derby a play off place.

He took a Chelsea team with no ability to use the transfer market into the CL by bringing through their kids. As Tuchel said about him after taking over: "Frank had an amazing record in the group stage of the Champions League. [He] won all the FA Cup games. He's laid the foundation to get us to finals and I will never forget it, we don't feel ashamed or have any fear to speak it out loud."It felt like that on the first day. I am aware Frank created his own legacy as a player and make it bigger as a coach. We stepped in halfway through the season and tried to fulfil the job he had began."

Here at Everton he steadied a ship heading for the rocks and then averted hitting them. With ten bob he's sorted out the MF and defence and identified the attackers he wanted to come in, but the board wouldn't go and get them.

Any other evaluation is cloud cuckoo land stuff.

Yes, he gets his formations and tactics wrong too many times, but overall he;s done well.

If I think he's lost the plot and we need to get shut I'll say so. I already did before the United game last season by saying if he didn;t get the win he'd need to be sacked because the club is far more important than him or any other manager. But we're a few months from any decision like that right now.
It's not cloud cuckoo stuff at all. Benitez had half his team out while he was there and when he had his best players on the pitch he proved he got good results, much better ones than Frank has got with nearly a full squad for much of his reign.

It's not cloud cuckoo stuff at all. Benitez had half his team out while he was there and when he had his best players on the pitch he proved he got good results, much better ones than Frank has got with nearly a full squad for much of his reign.
We always had a functioning attacker on the pitch under Benitez (DCL before he got his injuries early in the season, then Richarlison was back after DCL was out). Benitez's team got 19 goals in his first 15 games; Lampard has just 11 from 15 games now...and RB got 18 points (4 more than FL in the first 15 games this season - with almost no functioning attackers during those games).

Ergo: we'll get goals and results when we do have an attacker(s) out there, and the better organised defence means we'll translate a lot of tight games into wins.

Why do you think we’re going to sign two competent attackers when the last two attackers we signed were Dwight McNeil and Maupay?

To be fair, Thelwell's failure to bring in decent attacking options is not a stick we should be beating Lampard with.

It's worrying though, we all agree that we need 2 new players up there. Just have no confidence we will and if they'll even be any good of we do.

Can we just sign someone boss for once please?

Yes, it concerns me, I just asked where you got your figures, cos they dont match what I can see, thats all.
I used Tansfermarkt so all the data was consistent.... collated the data in the below.

1668794544228.png

We always had a functioning attacker on the pitch under Benitez (Dominic Calvert-Lewin before he got his injuries early in the season, then Richarlison was back after Dominic Calvert-Lewin was out). Benitez's team got 19 goals in his first 15 games; Lampard has just 11 from 15 games now...and RB got 18 points (4 more than FL in the first 15 games this season - with almost no functioning attackers during those games).

Ergo: we'll get goals and results when we do have an attacker(s) out there, and the better organised defence means we'll translate a lot of tight games into wins.
We lost to BOURNEMOUTH 7-1 on aggregate in a week, went 3 weeks without registering a shot on net, and have the worst expected goals to expected goals against differential than we’ve had in decades. I don’t know where adding a player or 2 fixes this. The most complete and skilled team we’ve had in years and we’re still in a relegation scrap. Yet Frank isn’t the issue

We lost to BOURNEMOUTH 7-1 on aggregate in a week, went 3 weeks without registering a shot on net, and have the worst expected goals to expected goals against differential than we’ve had in decades. I don’t know where adding a player or 2 fixes this. The most complete and skilled team we’ve had in years and we’re still in a relegation scrap. Yet Frank isn’t the issue
I realise you and @GrandOldSte117 and @ForeverEverton are desperatley making yourselves busy to get a groundswell of support against this manager, but you've failed spectacularly.

We're sitting 4th from bottom and have scored 11 goals in 15 games, but 80% of Evertonians on here have backed him. Not because they dont see the situation as concerning, but they can see that Lampard did a job last season keeping us up, that he's sorted out a lot of the midfield and defensive mess, and had Richarlsion sold on him and the attackers he identified to get us through this season (Kudus and Brereton-Diaz) left where they are by the club who failed him.

I'm very confident that with this January window used to good effect we'll finish nearer mid-table than the bottom three by the season's end.

I realise you and @GrandOldSte117 and @ForeverEverton are desperatley making yourselves busy to get a groundswell of support against this manager, but you've failed spectacularly.

We're sitting 4th from bottom and have scored 11 goals in 15 games, but 80% of Evertonians on here have backed him. Not because they dont see the situation as concerning, but they can see that Lampard did a job last season keeping us up, that he's sorted out a lot of the midfield and defensive mess, and had Richarlsion sold on him and the attackers he identified to get us through this season (Kudus and Brereton-Diaz) left where they are by the club who failed him.

I'm very confident that with this January window used to good effect we'll finish nearer mid-table than the bottom three by the season's end.
And you're doing the job of defending him the other way. It's an Internet forum, we're not going to get him sacked by trying to retort some of the falsehoods people are spouting about him just because he 'gets us'

And you're doing the job of defending him the other way. It's an Internet forum, we're not going to get him sacked by trying to retort some of the falsehoods people are spouting about him just because he 'gets us'
Yes, of course.

But you have to also recognise the mood. It's been demonstrated that only a minority have an appetite to launch into yet another managerial hunt. You're not going to shift the dial on that at all.

January February will be key to his longevity.
Home games
Wolves - A win would be nice but a point would be tolerable - New manager bounce still?
Brighton - A point would be seen as very good result
Southampton - A win is required here but we have a terrible history with these. New managerbounce still?
Away Games
Man City - no expectation of points
West ham - a draw would be nice but a loss would be tolerated

All three home opponents have new-ish managers which makes results unpredictable. Away games look very difficlut.
So come the end of February we could be in a worse position -Sorry to be a downer!

Status
Not open for further replies.