Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very difficult to focus on not losing to Manchester City when you are as bad as we are.

Wolves is a must win game at home for that reason.
It's a free hit for that game. Have a go at them. Their players will have had a tough WC, a lot will be expected to play deep in the tournament.

As Brentford demonstrated, if you have a go, you can get something.

If we beat Wolves he gets the January window and then some time to bed those players in.

People are panicking blindly because of last season's experiences.
Wolves win eases things a lot. Then an indifferent Brighton for the next home game.

City is a free hit.

It's obvious where we need strengthening. This is an ideal time for Lampard and the DOF to sit down and pick targets.

Dumping the manager before the transfer window completely disrupts that.

My feeling is we need to hold our nerve and give him January.

He got us through one relegation threatened season. I'd rather have someone with that experience than someone who'd find it a shock to the system. If the players are still with him he'll get us clear.
I’d rather have a manager who kept us well away from any relegation battle, and your not naive Davec you know it was down to the fans that kept us up last season.

"Free Hit" is what we have been saying at every top six ground for 25 years and the reason why we never get anything, no intensity, no belief and no courage! I watched Brentford work their socks off and show intent going forward on Saturday it was great to see, said to my mate before they scored the late winner that I would be made up if Everton went and had ago like "Brentford" FFS!
We are an embarrassing non-entity, we really are.

"Free Hit" is what we have been saying at every top six ground for 25 years and the reason why we never get anything, no intensity, no belief and no courage! I watched Brentford work their socks off and show intent going forward on Saturday it was great to see, said to my mate before they scored the late winner that I would be made up if Everton went and had ago like "Brentford" FFS!
Brentford’s players were very impressive v City with their work rate, pressing, attacking and the way they kept their shape throughout the game,the manager had a plan and the team stuck to it and more than earned their wages, the complete opposite to the way Everton operated on Saturday against a mediocre team while Brentford played one of the best teams around.

'But but but.. we cant.. we don't have a world class attack with the likes of Solanke, Moore, Mbeumo, Toney to create score goals'
The players, manager and board are all spineless.

Reactions: CJR
We have bounced around from manager to manager for too long. We were very close to being relegated last year and to think we would just miraculously be in the top half of the table is naive. We are also only a couple of wins from being top half- thats how tight the league is so far this season.

I believe the squad is stronger overall but much weaker in attack, when we replace a £60m striker with a £12m reserve its never going to work. Is that down to Lampard or the powers that be that sign players?

We were heavily linked to Kudus, Gibbs White, Mykhaylo Mudryk, Broja so it would seem we were trying to do something and I think we have for too long signed players for the sake of it. They need to be the right profile and right quality.

The thing that will make or break this season will be whether DCL can stay fit and whether we can add some real quality to hit the ground running.

It was posted by @BlueToff from the clubs official stuff
On Everton’s display…

It was a poor performance and a poor result. It’s very clear, it’s not good enough for Everton.

It was a mistake for our first goal. The second goal shouldn’t have stood. A defender goes down with a head injury and the game should stop. The referee got that one wrong, but it’s not one to hang on – our reaction after that wasn’t right – but it is difficult to come back in an away game from 2-0 down. It gives the fans and opposition a lot of impetus. On our part, it wasn’t good enough.

On Everton lacking intensity…

If you have intensity – like we had against Palace – then generally that aligns itself to better results. If you’re not going to have intensity in your game, then that’s not enough. That one is on the players. I know I have to take responsibility, but there’s not a moment where I ask for less intensity. It’s actually the opposite and the players didn’t deliver that today.

So first paragraph is him blaming a mistake for the first goal and then the ref for the second. Second paragraph he blames the players.

On Everton’s display…

It was a poor performance and a poor result. It’s very clear, it’s not good enough for Everton.

It was a mistake for our first goal. The second goal shouldn’t have stood. A defender goes down with a head injury and the game should stop. The referee got that one wrong, but it’s not one to hang on – our reaction after that wasn’t right – but it is difficult to come back in an away game from 2-0 down. It gives the fans and opposition a lot of impetus. On our part, it wasn’t good enough.

On Everton lacking intensity…

If you have intensity – like we had against Palace – then generally that aligns itself to better results. If you’re not going to have intensity in your game, then that’s not enough. That one is on the players. I know I have to take responsibility, but there’s not a moment where I ask for less intensity. It’s actually the opposite and the players didn’t deliver that today.

So first paragraph is him blaming a mistake for the first goal and then the ref for the second. Second paragraph he blames the players.
Why should he blame himself. Gets money for nothing. Every day is a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.