Do we need a new penalty taker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, the 26 for 32 doesn’t impress me one little bit......it is what I have witnessed in front of my own eyes this season which colours my opinion.

He is not a good penalty taker and we need someone better.......his record this season speaks for itself.

Now, happen we don’t have any regular starters who fancy the job in which case we are stuck with him.

If Digne is up for it, let him have a go at taking the pennoes.....at least we know he packs a lot of power in his shot.

But But he was good for Swansea, only in his world of stats(crimhead) does missing half for us not have him dropped from taking them

....Sigurdsson is such a sweet striker of the ball, i’m amazed his record is so poor.

DCL takes them with aplomb for England U23s and is worth a go, but Digne is obvious replacement.
DCL looked annoyed Gylfi took the ball for the pen. 40% conversion ratio in the league is poor and suggests we need another taker. Strikers should be stepping up and always be the first on the list (if they're confident enough!)

Gomes also looks like he could strike one right into top bin every time.

At this point I think Keane would be a better penalty taker. Siggurdson has been absolutely dreadful at them, 50% is about as bad as you can practically be.

glyfi seems to go low, low pens get saved 90% of the time if the keeper goes the right way, just go high and powerful so even if the keeper goes the right way theyre hard to save anyway

glyfi seems to go low, low pens get saved 90% of the time if the keeper goes the right way, just go high and powerful so even if the keeper goes the right way theyre hard to save anyway

It’s so easy to lift it too high though, even just leaning back by a fraction could be the difference between pinging it into the roof of the net or taking out a steward at the back of the Lower Gwladys.

It’s so easy to lift it too high though, even just leaning back by a fraction could be the difference between pinging it into the roof of the net or taking out a steward at the back of the Lower Gwladys.

if your a 40 million quid player mate you should be able to shoot from 12 yards without ballooning it ( you'd think anyway )

Were everton, our left back should always take our pens regardless who it is.

Ball, unsworth, Baines could all take a pen.
Im pretty sure digne can.

His record before this season was very good, like missed one from 20 odd. He skied that one against Argentina and hasnt looked back.

I had a similar record albeit at a lower level (much lower), and then i missed one. I then went on to miss my next penalty and than one a few penaltys after. Think it was about 3 in 6 i missed. I stopped taking them after that, i think its a loss of conviction in your technique and style.

I feel that if you miss a penalty, if you miss atleast one of your next 5 after that, you should be taken off penaltys as its obvious you are not 100% convinced in your style.

All the best have missed penaltys Baines, Arteta, Milner, Le Tissier etc etc. But if you look at the figures, they miss one and then just continue to score the next bunch of penaltys after that.

The likes of Rooney, Shearer & Messi in comparison have poor penalty records but because they were all BIG players in there respected sides, they continued to take them

Status
Not open for further replies.