Do we have the worst attack in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next 5 games will show us exactly what level we're at this season. They are all winnable and if we are going to score some goals then this is the time. Palace, Fulham, Leicester, Bournemouth & Wolves. If we come away with less than 9 points from a potential 15 then we really are as poor as last season. I'd be disappointed if we didn't get 10 points. The next match after those is City and I don't want to see us with 0 confidence going in to that one to then get the kind of hiding Bergkamp's Arsenal used to give us. Make or break time for me! COYB

I do like Maupay and did so when he was at Brighton. We're just using him completely wrong. He's never been a target man yet that's what we're expecting from him. Big hoofed balls forward for him to try hold the ball up which is not what he's good at.

He's great at finding space in the box and being a nuisance, we never ever thread the ball into him to be able to see him at his best.

Probably joint worst with forest and Bournemouth. But if dcl can find old form then maybe on a par with Leeds and a few others

I am first and foremost a rugby fan as well as being an Everton supporter so you can take my comments whichever way it suits you as I may not be sufficiently expert in football matters to comment. Nevertheless - here is my take on Everton & the goal scoring drought:

The last occasion Everton were regularly scoring was at the the beginning of Carlo Ancellotti's tenure. Why? Because, in my opinion, two of his early signings -James & Allan (when they were actually fit & playing!) - provided reasonable service to the strikers despite my perception that James appeared to be uncomfortable with the physicality of the Premier League.

Nowadays Everton seem to have nobody with any creativity who is capable of putting through a defence splitting pass to give the front men a chance. Furthermore the quality of the passing in general is absolutely diabolical. Seldom do passes arrive on the toe of or fractionally in front of the receiving player. Surely this is a basic skill for a professional player?

So far this season Everton appear to have largely addressed their defensive shortcomings but beyond that......not much. I'm finding it quite a drudge watching them play. In fact - outside of Manchester City & Arsenal the current season is proving pretty dour for a neutral despite endless pundits gabbling on about the Premiership being the best league in the world. Even Spurs & Chelsea are boring me to tears. Only Manchester United are providing a little drama.......although seldom of the football kind.

The next 5 games will show us exactly what level we're at this season. They are all winnable and if we are going to score some goals then this is the time. Palace, Fulham, Leicester, Bournemouth & Wolves. If we come away with less than 9 points from a potential 15 then we really are as poor as last season. I'd be disappointed if we didn't get 10 points. The next match after those is City and I don't want to see us with 0 confidence going in to that one to then get the kind of hiding Bergkamp's Arsenal used to give us. Make or break time for me! COYB
Palace I think we will lose. Too soon after the abject newcastle performance. Can see us huffing and puffing and them nicking the game probably 2-1. They have decent attackers, we don't.

Fulham will then become a must win for lampard like it was for Gerrard there and considering the poor form of 4 losses in a row it will be too difficult to get anything against an efficient and energetic Fulham team. And silva will have great pleasure in getting one over us.

Lampard will then be gone and the galvanising of a new manager or caretaker manager will help us pick up 4 from the next 3 games. So 4 points for me.

I just want to know why we have, under 6+ managers and almost literally no players if the same during that tenure but we literally go in to a shell after we take a lead.

I do like Maupay and did so when he was at Brighton. We're just using him completely wrong. He's never been a target man yet that's what we're expecting from him. Big hoofed balls forward for him to try hold the ball up which is not what he's good at.

He's great at finding space in the box and being a nuisance, we never ever thread the ball into him to be able to see him at his best.

I remember Pickford banging one 75 yards down the pitch, leaving Bernard to go up and duel with one of those big Brighton CB.

It's like DCL is a good holdup guy so we are in the habit of hoofing it whether he's there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.