Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I don’t post much in here, although it would probably benefit me if I did.

After 7 months waiting I’ve finally started my NHS counselling. I’m starting to understand the reasons for some of my irrational behaviour over the years. It’s not an easy process but I can see the benefits.

I’m also being checked out for ADHD, which I’m almost certain I have. Again, it explains a lot about my personality and why I do some things the way I do. My inability to focus on things unless the interest me etc. I’m starting to feel like I’ve done alright for myself in light of it.

Still got a long road ahead, but I’m the happiest I’ve been in years.
Mate if you don't mind with respect that's the most rational post you've made in quite a while so whatever you're doing is clearly working.
I hope you take that in the manner in which it is intended.
From your posts I derived that you are a decent lad if a little off the wall and he you are recognising the fact that a little tweak will make your life a little easier.
The very best of luck with your counselling mate and I think it's great of you to come on here and discuss it, you may well help others by your actions on here.

Mate if you don't mind with respect that's the most rational post you've made in quite a while so whatever you're doing is clearly working.
I hope you take that in the manner in which it is intended.
From your posts I derived that you are a decent lad if a little off the wall and he you are recognising the fact that a little tweak will make your life a little easier.
The very best of luck with your counselling mate and I think it's great of you to come on here and discuss it, you may well help others by your actions on here.
Hahaha, about 80% of my posts are just me on the wind up or deliberately talking garbage.

But I must admit I can be a hot head at times.

As a manager myself, the issues people have with their managers baffles me

it's an easy process of not having an ego and treat people equally, it's pathetic that people can't do that. Hopefully the younger generation will be able to

Why I ended up going down the road of self employment I hate the playground mentality that some folk dont grow out of.

I don’t post much in here, although it would probably benefit me if I did.

After 7 months waiting I’ve finally started my NHS counselling. I’m starting to understand the reasons for some of my irrational behaviour over the years. It’s not an easy process but I can see the benefits.

I’m also being checked out for ADHD, which I’m almost certain I have. Again, it explains a lot about my personality and why I do some things the way I do. My inability to focus on things unless the interest me etc. I’m starting to feel like I’ve done alright for myself in light of it.

Still got a long road ahead, but I’m the happiest I’ve been in years.
That's really good to hear.

Kind of linked to mental health despite it being a physical pain. But does anyone here have trigeminal neuralgia?( In my case it's caused by a blood vessel pressing against the trigeminal nerve) I've only recently been diagnosed with it despite having it for several years at varying degrees of frequency and pain. It's been particularly bad the past few months and I had convinced myself I had various life treating diseases. Been round the houses with GP and dentist and was getting nowhere (NHS referrals taking months if not years, thanks tories) so stumped up the money to go private and an MRI scan.

Any recommendations on how to cope with it? Medication that's worked? Meditation? I've started on tablets but apparently their effectiveness wanes over time.