Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Honestly, this is what I think of when I think about holidaying in the UK and Ireland.

Just pissing down with rain all the time, scallies in their trackies and jarg haircuts, brexit, tories... need I go on?

@Catfish Blues

The UK is such a depressing place to holiday. The only reason why I tolerate living here is the wages are pretty good compared to elsewhere and I want to be looked after in my old age, if I decide to live that long, I'm still thinking the age of 50 is a decent age for me to bow out :)

Find that to be extremely narrow minded of you there mate.

There’s some fantastic places in the UK with some great people.

First step for you needs to be broadening your mind and being open to different experiences.

I had my holiday to Rhodes cancelled in May and it’s looking like my trip to Budapest will go the same way, and my planned travelling across Europe for a few weeks.

I’d much rather be doing that than having a few weekends in the UK but it’s the hand we’ve all be dealt.

Honestly, this is what I think of when I think about holidaying in the UK and Ireland.

Just pissing down with rain all the time, scallies in their trackies and jarg haircuts, brexit, tories... need I go on?

@Catfish Blues

The UK is such a depressing place to holiday. The only reason why I tolerate living here is the wages are pretty good compared to elsewhere and I want to be looked after in my old age, if I decide to live that long, I'm still thinking the age of 50 is a decent age for me to bow out :)

UK is a depressing place to holiday? Obviously everyone's taste is different but think maybe you haven't looked hard enough if you can't find some beauty in the UK. Well about 5 mins from me you could get...

1596380110163.png
1596380128723.png
1596380387497.png
1596380231345.png

UK is a depressing place to holiday? Obviously everyone's taste is different but think maybe you haven't looked hard enough if you can't find some beauty in the UK. Well about 5 mins from me you could get...

View attachment 96461 View attachment 96462 View attachment 96466 View attachment 96463

Looks nice in the sun I suppose, which happens how often?

Find that to be extremely narrow minded of you there mate.

There’s some fantastic places in the UK with some great people.

First step for you needs to be broadening your mind and being open to different experiences.

I had my holiday to Rhodes cancelled in May and it’s looking like my trip to Budapest will go the same way, and my planned travelling across Europe for a few weeks.

I’d much rather be doing that than having a few weekends in the UK but it’s the hand we’ve all be dealt.

Sorry to hear about your trips being cancelled my friend. Putting my sensible hat on for a second, it's better to save money for whenever the world opens up again I suppose. Most likely 2022/23.

It's just disheartening that we can't enjoy new experiences and meet fantastic new people for so long. My feet are already very twitchy.

@Catfish Blues

Get yourself to the west coast of Scotland. Stunningly beautiful. Or Northumbria. Gorgeous. It might change your mind.

I'm happy to report that since quitting my job, things are starting to feel a bit more positive for me. If nothing else, I've started wanting things for myself again instead of just assuming everything is doomed to failure.

Got a lead on an awesome job I can do from home that I'm super qualified for so fingers crossed on that and a poster on here was kind enough to let me tag along with him on his cycling trip in a couple of weeks so I'm setting off next saturday to ride to the pyrenees... a month ago the thought of doing 200km a day for 5 days would have been too much to take on, especially with my energy being so low and me crashing all the time, but I'm really looking forward to the challenge now.

Sadly my American teams are just as heart breaking as Everton. My American teams are a weird mix as where I grew up didnt have it's own pro teams. Everton, USMNT, Phoenix Suns for NBA, Rams for NFL (fan from the St.Louis days when I was 6) and the college teams for where I went to uni. Rams only team with a trophy in my lifetime, well I guess the US has a few CONCACAF gold cups haha.

That's cool you got to go to some games! Steelers at least are a competitive and successful team to break up the doom and gloom of Everton
Well brother how was your weekend? Do you not like baseball? Diamondbacks wouldn't they be your local team? I used to love the Pirates they were a great team back in the 80s,garbage now though. I just realised writing that Evertons the same lol we're the football pirates lol Have a great week mate we all support you.

Looks nice in the sun I suppose, which happens how often?

Sorry to hear about your trips being cancelled my friend. Putting my sensible hat on for a second, it's better to save money for whenever the world opens up again I suppose. Most likely 2022/23.

It's just disheartening that we can't enjoy new experiences and meet fantastic new people for so long. My feet are already very twitchy.
Saving money for when things are back to normal is something we have been doing.. the plan is in 2024 to go to Vancouver for a month then on the way home stop in Milwaukee for a week and Boston for a week, 4 years to save for the holiday of a lifetime. Although we will do a few short breaks once quarantine on return is shelved.

Well brother how was your weekend? Do you not like baseball? Diamondbacks wouldn't they be your local team? I used to love the Pirates they were a great team back in the 80s,garbage now though. I just realised writing that Evertons the same lol we're the football pirates lol Have a great week mate we all support you.
Thanks for checking in mate! I really appreciate it! I'm actually not local to Arizona, I just loved Steve Nash as a kid and stuck with the Suns ever since . I don't really have a team I follow for baseball but am doing fantasy baseball with some mates. The Suns had a nice comeback win last night which helped but a bit sad as yesterday one of my very few mates left in the area mentioned he's looking at jobs an hour and half away where a few of our other mates live. So won't have much of a social life once he goes

Thanks for checking in mate! I really appreciate it! I'm actually not local to Arizona, I just loved Steve Nash as a kid and stuck with the Suns ever since . I don't really have a team I follow for baseball but am doing fantasy baseball with some mates. The Suns had a nice comeback win last night which helped but a bit sad as yesterday one of my very few mates left in the area mentioned he's looking at jobs an hour and half away where a few of our other mates live. So won't have much of a social life once he goes
Steve Nash he ended up at the lakers didn't he. If your mate moves make sure to plan some weekends away especially if you've got other mates there too. A change of scenery and something to look forward to could be just what you need. Also if you get the chance do the voluntary work it could open doors to a new circle of friends for you plus the feeling and rewards you'll get helping others especially the disabled or old will lift your confidence so much. Keep safe buddy and keep in touch.

Steve Nash he ended up at the lakers didn't he. If your mate moves make sure to plan some weekends away especially if you've got other mates there too. A change of scenery and something to look forward to could be just what you need. Also if you get the chance do the voluntary work it could open doors to a new circle of friends for you plus the feeling and rewards you'll get helping others especially the disabled or old will lift your confidence so much. Keep safe buddy and keep in touch.
Yeah he played his last few years there but his chronic back injury wasn't managed well there so wasn't the same after he left phoenix. The covid situation is so mishandled over here I don't think he'll be moving all too soon. Just depressing to think about but hopefully i can pop over there a few weekends when things return to normal. Appreciate you checking in and stay safe yourself :)

Yeah he played his last few years there but his chronic back injury wasn't managed well there so wasn't the same after he left phoenix. The covid situation is so mishandled over here I don't think he'll be moving all too soon. Just depressing to think about but hopefully i can pop over there a few weekends when things return to normal. Appreciate you checking in and stay safe yourself :)
How's it going brother? How was your week? How you feeling this week? I see the sun's beat the heat today. Do you ever get to any games? Is it still tough to get tickets for the basketball? I lived in Boston for a couple of years and couldn't get tickets EVER for the Celtics or Bruins or even Hartford Whalers in nhl I had to go watch Springfield Indians lol I think that' was their name don't know what tier that was but that actress Alysia Milano was always there she was dating 1 of the Indians.

How's it going brother? How was your week? How you feeling this week? I see the sun's beat the heat today. Do you ever get to any games? Is it still tough to get tickets for the basketball? I lived in Boston for a couple of years and couldn't get tickets EVER for the Celtics or Bruins or even Hartford Whalers in nhl I had to go watch Springfield Indians lol I think that' was their name don't know what tier that was but that actress Alysia Milano was always there she was dating 1 of the Indians.
Thanks for checking in mate! I'm hanging in there. Woke up feeling pretty down today but just trying to put things in perspective and realize the things I am lucky to have right now (a job and my family and them being relatively healthy atm). Yes the suns are playing very well at the moment. I got to see them in person like 10 years ago vs the 76ers. Haven't been out to Arizona. It was a 76ers game and they were not good at the time so tickets were easy haha Boston has such a large fanbase and is successful so I'm not surprised by you ticket troubles. I hope you're doing well