Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Could you speak to his missus mate.

You may be able to make sense of it together
Don't really know her that well tbh, without going into too much detail, just a lad I've known through work and saw 3 or 4 times a week for pretty much every week of those near 20yrs.
Went past where he works and called in to see him today and was told by his boss.
Only saw him on Thursday.
He seemed fine. Ffs

Lad I've known through work for best part of 20 years killed himself at the weekend.
Wife and 4 kids.

Depression is a horrible [Poor language removed] and the sooner we can put an end to this blight on us all the better a place the world will be.

RIP Owen xxx

I believe a big reason is because people's behavior towards others has become so crap with social media and anonymity.

I believe a big reason is because people's behavior towards others has become so crap with social media and anonymity.
Sometimes it seems like people have just stopped caring about others.
That's a sad world for us to pass on to our kids.
If everybody did just one thing for somebody else every day, no matter how small or seemingly meaningless it is, the world would be a better place and people would be happier.
Just 1 thing each. That's all it takes

Hey guys, messaging you from Melbourne, long time blue and love this forum. Never actually read this topic until I scanned over a few pages tonight.

My younger bro killed him self about a month ago, he was struggling with depression for several years, but didn't think he could possibly do this. Hes left behind his 2 young kids and his wife, we are all struggling to come to terms with it.
I think Im coping, but I just don't know.
Im getting counselling on a regular basis which helps.
Please all if your down in the dumps and feeling like a bucket of [Poor language removed]. please talk to someone, there's so much help out there.
Even a topic on this forum where blokes can chat is amazing, and Ill make sure to be a regular poster on this.
Great work guys.

Hey guys, messaging you from Melbourne, long time blue and love this forum. Never actually read this topic until I scanned over a few pages tonight.

My younger bro killed him self about a month ago, he was struggling with depression for several years, but didn't think he could possibly do this. Hes left behind his 2 young kids and his wife, we are all struggling to come to terms with it.
Please all if your down in the dumps and feeling like a bucket of [Poor language removed]. please talk to someone, there's so much help out there.
Even a topic on this forum where blokes can chat is amazing, and Ill make sure to be a regular poster on this.
Great work guys.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother mate, hope you and the rest of the family are getting all the help you need.

Definitely make use of this thread as and when you need it. All the best.

Great work guys.
Sorry for your loss mate. There's always someone about here if you need to unload.

Lad I've known through work for best part of 20 years killed himself at the weekend.
Wife and 4 kids.

Depression is a horrible [Poor language removed] and the sooner we can put an end to this blight on us all the better a place the world will be.

RIP Owen xxx

Great work guys.

Crikey, fellas. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I am so sorry for your respective losses.

If anyone here just needs a person to talk to, I am here. More than happy to exchange numbers, DM each other, exchange discord or whatever to help in any way. I won't but in to give advise (unless you ask) but to listen if anyone needs to vent, thoughts of suicide or harm, or anything that may be bugging you. I've had to many people in my life have theirs cut short. No need to walk on the road alone. More than happy to walk side by side with you. Feel free. You will remain anonymous and I won't speak a word about it to anyone unless triggered by an active plan. I am ASIST certified (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training). Please let me help any of you. Thanks and have a blessed day!

That's not what anti depressants do. They remove the fog that prevents you from thinking clearly, therefore enabling you to get your life back. They don't stop you from being you, they give you your old self back.

I’m not being ignorant about it, I understand what they do, I’m just airing my personal preference for not taking them as I’m just not a fan of what they do.

I’m not being ignorant about it, I understand what they do, I’m just airing my personal preference for not taking them as I’m just not a fan of what they do.
And that's fair enough.

Personally I would recommend them but your view is your view.