Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

So yesterday I had an MRI scan, and it confirmed that I had suffered a mini-stroke. On Monday was in the shower and was dizzy, and then had slurred speech for about 20mins or so. When I got to work my line manager instructed to at least ring 111, and then ambulance/hospital came etc. Consultant on the phone said it was minor (and "minor minor").

I feel fine, can't drive until the stroke team say so, but I feel fine. However off work - worried about finances (have taken holiday this week, not sure on next week). Not sure if I can play football, I've been actively trying to lose weight and have football training tonight, 7aside Thursday. Can get a lift to both but not sure if I should be completely resting, active, go-ahead? Wife is particularly worried, apart from the back of the mind "could happen again", I'm pretty much okay, it is what it is, but have no idea what to do.

I assume get some rest, but also researching online says "overly" resting is an issue, a good nights sleep should be plenty of recovery and not to sleep in the daytime as it can't be detrimental?

So yesterday I had an MRI scan, and it confirmed that I had suffered a mini-stroke. On Monday was in the shower and was dizzy, and then had slurred speech for about 20mins or so. When I got to work my line manager instructed to at least ring 111, and then ambulance/hospital came etc. Consultant on the phone said it was minor (and "minor minor").

I feel fine, can't drive until the stroke team say so, but I feel fine. However off work - worried about finances (have taken holiday this week, not sure on next week). Not sure if I can play football, I've been actively trying to lose weight and have football training tonight, 7aside Thursday. Can get a lift to both but not sure if I should be completely resting, active, go-ahead? Wife is particularly worried, apart from the back of the mind "could happen again", I'm pretty much okay, it is what it is, but have no idea what to do.

I assume get some rest, but also researching online says "overly" resting is an issue, a good nights sleep should be plenty of recovery and not to sleep in the daytime as it can't be detrimental?
Have you tried getting an appointment with your doctor to discuss it mate? They can probably advise on how to manage the recovery

Good idea mate, thank you.

Who would have known it would have been before the season rather than our inevitable 1-0 loss to Luton?
It puts everything into perspective doesn't it- your health is your true wealth. We will batter Luton 1-0 and I hope it makes you feel a bit better. Then you can 'enjoy' the rest of the season, knowing that us being a bit rubbish at the moment is not the end of the world. Good luck with the recovery pal.

It puts everything into perspective doesn't it- your health is your true wealth. We will batter Luton 1-0 and I hope it makes you feel a bit better. Then you can 'enjoy' the rest of the season, knowing that us being a bit rubbish at the moment is not the end of the world. Good luck with the recovery pal.

Even the optimist is "We will batter Luton 1-0" lol

Thank you.

Maybe mate !! But I don't like to impose !!
That's a good quality as we all like to take care of our own business - at the same time, and in stressful times, it can be just as important to ask for help when you need it and accept it when it's offered - it's one of the things that can actually strengthen trust and relationships.

Now, don't be a knob and leave your clothing strewn about.....

I live with the most horrible man ever, I want to spark him, but that won't help, but I can't afford to move out, nightmare !!
Go on spareroom.com mate. I'm in a HMO. Its not ideal but needs must.
I get my own bathroom. I just have to share a kitchen with the other tenants.
You will get a room within a week.