Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I don't like myself, I am fed up of not being cared for, & if I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, it would be ideal !!
No it wouldn't.
Please don't ever think this.

If people can't accept you for who you are, what you are and how you are then maybe they're the wrong people for you?

Never ever wish your life away. There are people fighting with everything they have to see tomorrow's sunrise.

Be thankful you have the choice. ?

I don't like myself, I am fed up of not being cared for, & if I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, it would be ideal !!
Depression lies and makes us focus on the negatives rather than positives in ourselves/the situation we are in, plus it also saps the energy to address it.

Perhaps if you can jot down just one or two things you’d like to do to change things? Be that setting up a doctors meeting or doing some exercise or arranging for something you like - a movie, seeing a band, visiting a friend/relative. Then you get both a sense of achievement when you can tick it of as complete and also it is one step further along on your path out of the darkness you currently are under.

Hang in there, people do care for you x

Depression lies and makes us focus on the negatives rather than positives in ourselves/the situation we are in, plus it also saps the energy to address it.

Perhaps if you can jot down just one or two things you’d like to do to change things? Be that setting up a doctors meeting or doing some exercise or arranging for something you like - a movie, seeing a band, visiting a friend/relative. Then you get both a sense of achievement when you can tick it of as complete and also it is one step further along on your path out of the darkness you currently are under.

Hang in there, people do care for you x
Nobody cares mate !

I have a couple of friends, & a sister, who I text, but they never text me first, I know it's not a game of who should text first, but just pointing this out.

I used to go home & away, never miss a game for thirty years or so, now it's a struggle to put the rubbish out !!

Nobody cares mate !

I have a couple of friends, & a sister, who I text, but they never text me first, I know it's not a game of who should text first, but just pointing this out.

I used to go home & away, never miss a game for thirty years or so, now it's a struggle to put the rubbish out !!
I’m sure they do care but can understand that if you are always the one who initiates things it might not feel like it. Have you chatted to them about it? Sometimes it is easy to wrapped up with your own stuff and be a bit oblivious to what is going on around you.

Have you been to a game recently? I know we aren’t firing on all cylinders at the moment but perhaps getting out to a game might be a bit of a change?

I’m sure they do care but can understand that if you are always the one who initiates things it might not feel like it. Have you chatted to them about it? Sometimes it is easy to wrapped up with your own stuff and be a bit oblivious to what is going on around you.

Have you been to a game recently? I know we aren’t firing on all cylinders at the moment but perhaps getting out to a game might be a bit of a change?
Can't get tickets anymore mate, plus for me to leave the flat is a real effort/problem, scary thoughts !!

Hi Brendan, I have just caught your comments and a couple of things struck me, firstly, have you sought professional help, you really sound like you need to talk to someone who can guide you through this maze you find yourself in at the moment, and secondly, there are people who genuinely care right here, you have reached out and they have replied.
I have no wish to intrude, but if you want to talk tell us a bit about yourself, and how it all began, reading your own words might help you to take a bit of control back, as well give us a little more understanding of what it is you are going through.
For example, why do you find it hard even to think about leaving your flat?
You have been incredibly courageous in posting already, and I wonder just how many others reading this thread say to themselves, I wish I was as brave.

Nobody cares mate !

My guess is they probably do care but if you are like me you have probably shut yourself away which tends as time goes by becomes ackward for both you and them .
Try and be more positive and avoid the negative thoughts. Contact the friends you do have as you maybe surprised how glad they will be to hear from you.
We can all find a million reasons for not doing something but in the end they are usually just excuses.
Hope this doesn't sound to cliche just trying to help.

Can't get tickets anymore mate, plus for me to leave the flat is a real effort/problem, scary thoughts !!
Really feel for you mate.

Not familiar with the NHS any more as I live in California but is there a way for you to schedule a chat with a doctor, perhaps even an online session? I found this from the NHS and it seems even without a GP referral you can get some assistance. https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/agoraphobia/treatment/

Perhaps a first step might be to contact this charity?

Really feel for you mate.

Not familiar with the NHS any more as I live in California but is there a way for you to schedule a chat with a doctor, perhaps even an online session? I found this from the NHS and it seems even without a GP referral you can get some assistance. https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/agoraphobia/treatment/

Perhaps a first step might be to contact this charity?
Thanks mate !!

@Brendan Janus . So sorry that you are having such a difficult time at the moment.
Every Mind Matters from the NHS may be of help to you, I sincerely hope you are able to get the support you need and please don’t think that no one cares - we do.?

I find being proactive particularly during this time of the year when its baltic outside and dark/murky can be a struggle at the best of times.

My suggestion is try venturing early midweek when its less busy and start off somewhere like a park or somewhere more rural and build your way up to smaller shops etc.

Heading off into town on a saturday afternoon or to somewhere like Goodison will do you no favours from the off ?

I find being proactive particularly during this time of the year when its baltic outside and dark/murky can be a struggle at the best of times.

My suggestion is try venturing early midweek when its less busy and start off somewhere like a park or somewhere more rural and build your way up to smaller shops etc.

Heading off into town on a saturday afternoon or to somewhere like Goodison will do you no favours from the off ?
Thank you !!