Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Not great. Been burying my head in the sand tbh. I’ve gotten drunk 2/3 times since I last posted here. Been off work the past two days unwell. Struggling to pick myself up but I do feel slightly more hopeful than I did that things will get better.

Recovery is like climbing out of a hole - depending on your personal situation it could be a deep hole. You're likely to slip, but that isn't the end by any means. Slipping doesn't mean you can't beat it in the long run.

I think rest and recuperation is always welcome and things can depend on the individual but doing nothing can in itself be draining and if you aren’t careful you can end up not being tired enough to get your sleep right so laying awake , losing routine and basically having zero energy .

I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t rest but reading your posts I suspect @COYBL25 might have hit the nail about a bit of exercise . Whether that starts with getting up At a set time , getting dressed and walking out for pint of milk or even a paper then moving on to cycling or other exercise . I’m not an expert but resting completely doesn’t work for everyone so consider doing a few things to keep yourself moving .

Plus I think it's hugely important to have things in life you do truly enjoy as that can spillover into other parts of life.

Been a tough week personally, haven’t made it into work at all this week. The thought of going in is absolutely crippling if I’m honest. Missed my usual coaching job Tuesday as I couldn’t see the point, which is nonsense as it’s something that I enjoy. Did a presentation Wednesday that 4 people turned up to out of a possible 70+, went for a tooth extraction yesterday but the lidocaine had no effect as the tooth is still too infected so couldn’t go ahead. Lost a fair wedge of my investments that I’d started to build up with the panic that’s going on. Now can’t drink for a week. Getting narked at societys massive over reaction to everything. Not great atm.

Been a tough week personally, haven’t made it into work at all this week. The thought of going in is absolutely crippling if I’m honest. Missed my usual coaching job Tuesday as I couldn’t see the point, which is nonsense as it’s something that I enjoy. Did a presentation Wednesday that 4 people turned up to out of a possible 70+, went for a tooth extraction yesterday but the lidocaine had no effect as the tooth is still too infected so couldn’t go ahead. Lost a fair wedge of my investments that I’d started to build up with the panic that’s going on. Now can’t drink for a week. Getting narked at societys massive over reaction to everything. Not great atm.

I hear you. There's a sense that anyone with shares is Rothschild crossed with Patrick Bateman, but I suspect there are many like you and I who work hard and manage to save a bit for rainy days. Like you, my investments have been hammered in the past 6-8 weeks. I'm self-employed, so this is my pension effectively, and when you know how long it takes to put in what has been wiped out it's incredibly disconcerting (even though your head is saying it's for the long-term etc.).

I hear you. There's a sense that anyone with shares is Rothschild crossed with Patrick Bateman, but I suspect there are many like you and I who work hard and manage to save a bit for rainy days. Like you, my investments have been hammered in the past 6-8 weeks. I'm self-employed, so this is my pension effectively, and when you know how long it takes to put in what has been wiped out it's incredibly disconcerting (even though your head is saying it's for the long-term etc.).
It’s stupid really. With interest rates the way they are saving the traditional way is almost painfully slow, especially if you need to live as well. Trying to invest towards buying a house but I reckon the past few weeks (even days) have put that back a year at least.

It’s stupid really. With interest rates the way they are saving the traditional way is almost painfully slow, especially if you need to live as well. Trying to invest towards buying a house but I reckon the past few weeks (even days) have put that back a year at least.

Aye, it's hard to know how much further things have to go, or what any recovery might be. I'm just hopeful that clients don't start postponing work they've booked in, or delaying payment etc.

Been a tough few days. I'm sick at home in the States and I can't get tested for CV because I'm young and haven't traveled. Already have an anxiety disorder, and just sitting around waiting to either get better or worse is driving me mad.

Been a tough few days. I'm sick at home in the States and I can't get tested for CV because I'm young and haven't traveled. Already have an anxiety disorder, and just sitting around waiting to either get better or worse is driving me mad.

If you're young and fit then just keep yourself indoors and try not to let your anxiety work you over. Your symptoms may get worse and you may have CV but you shouldn't be at risk yourself.