Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

[
Righto, the more people who are open about this the better. This is the message I've spoken about with my fellow mods;

(Those not on Whatsapp: @roydo @The Esk @AndyC )

I'm a new man. I'm back to my old self. I'm glad I went to my GP and I fully recommend it.

Spot on. I'm sure that there's many that lurk and don't post.

Posts like this will hopefully give others the courage to post too ;)

Righto, the more people who are open about this the better. This is the message I've spoken about with my fellow mods;

(Those not on Whatsapp: @roydo @The Esk @AndyC )

I'm a new man. I'm back to my old self. I'm glad I went to my GP and I fully recommend it.

Really good to hear mate.

Today was a bad day for me. Hardly slept again all night, woke up in a sweat and had a massive panic attack. Partner took me to hospital and we spent a few hours there going over some new short term medication to bridge the gap whilst the citalopram takes it's time kicking in. I'm on day 9 of them so will take a bit more time yet. Some sleeping pills and a short sharp dose of benzos, combined with a week off work, should hopefully do the trick.

Was the worst I've felt in months. It's triggered a small flare up of my ulcerative colitis too. That will sort itself out soon though.

I was an idiot for trying to self diagnose and stop taking drugs like I did, I thought I would be okay without them.

Groucho, your advice has always been terrific in here. So thankyou again.

Today was a bad day for me. Hardly slept again all night, woke up in a sweat and had a massive panic attack. Partner took me to hospital and we spent a few hours there going over some new short term medication to bridge the gap whilst the citalopram takes it's time kicking in. I'm on day 9 of them so will take a bit more time yet. Some sleeping pills and a short sharp dose of benzos, combined with a week off work, should hopefully do the trick.

Was the worst I've felt in months. It's triggered a small flare up of my ulcerative colitis too. That will sort itself out soon though.

I was an idiot for trying to self diagnose and stop taking drugs like I did, I thought I would be okay without them.

Sounds like exactly what happened to me when i first started on them, was waking up around 1-2 am every morning and not being able to get back to sleep, had the sweats once or twice as well. Like your gp mine gave me sleeping tablets and valium for the panic attacks/insomnia, only needed them for 2 or 3 days and my sleeping then returned to normal.

Guessing this is a common side effect of the first few weeks of citralopram/lexapro so try and keep that in mind.

Sounds like exactly what happened to me when i first started on them, was waking up around 1-2 am every morning and not being able to get back to sleep, had the sweats once or twice as well. Like your gp mine gave me sleeping tablets and valium for the panic attacks/insomnia, only needed them for 2 or 3 days and my sleeping then returned to normal.

Guessing this is a common side effect of the first few weeks of citralopram/lexapro so try and keep that in mind.

Yeah I'm totally gonna get through this, I know this feeling of hopelessness and worthlessness will pass. It's bloody tough right now though! Making myself eat and drink is an effort alone.

Waking up like that is the pits.

I'm on the sick until January, I spoke to occupational health and she said that I need to work on my social anxiety and be ready to come back in the new year for a fresh start. Like it's that easy.

I am at a point where I don't know what's to do for the best, I feel the job is a problem currently and I believe having that on the horizon all the time is preventing me from moving on. The problem is, will I regret quitting in the future, is it just my depression making me feel like this.

I can see how disappointed the other half looks when I mention quitting because the alternatives are just as crap and at least the money is better in this job. I just don't know at the moment.

Being off isn't helping at all because I'm just constantly thinking about going back and the anxiety it caused this time. Feeling a bit lost at the moment.