Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely he could play against chelsea as he would be a Athletico player on loan to us?? Or is that not allowed re transfer embargo?

Athletico wouldn't be able to register him until January which means his registration would still officially be held by Chelsea so would be unable to play, least that's what I make of the rules.

Don't see it happening.

If it does, I'd be delighted.

That being said, would be a bit annoying if he's only until Jan.

Put up the fixtures we'd have him for earlier mate, assuming not fit till October and left in January 1st, it'd be 14 eligible league games, 4 Europa league. And up to and including the quarters of the league cup. That's enough games to haircut worthwhile

If we could make It a full season loan then oh my.

Agree on all counts.

I'd still happily take him like, but given he hasn't had a pre-season then we'd be looking at not really being able to have him fully fit until October, and then of course there's the annoying international breaks as well.

So, it's difficult.

If push comes to shove and it's the only option, then I'd rather have a truly class player for 4 months than not at all, but just think it'd risk leaving us short.

Costa is the type of player you build your team around in a way. You can't do that if he's only here for 4 months.

I'd still happily take him like, but given he hasn't had a pre-season then we'd be looking at not really being able to have him fully fit until October, and then of course there's the annoying international breaks as well.

So, it's difficult.

If push comes to shove and it's the only option, then I'd rather have a truly class player for 4 months than not at all, but just think it'd risk leaving us short.

Costa is the type of player you build your team around in a way. You can't do that if he's only here for 4 months.

I'm with you on this, though if we're going to be short I think we will be with or without Costa, I feel he's just a bonus if it happens

So, it's difficult.

What motivation would he have tho? He would already know he's leaving and wouldn't want to get injured... he's just be using us for a wage and to get fit... that's it ...

Can you imagine the fume when on Thursday night at 10-45 a Land Rover with darkened windows pulls up at Finch Farm.
As the crowds of fans and reporters flock around the car the windows slowly roll down as fans expect the rugged stubbled Latin looks of Diego Costa to be revealed, only to be met with the grin of Troy Deeney , yes lads it's Troy Deeney

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you imagine the fume when on Thursday night at 10-45 a Land Rover with darkened windows pulls up at Finch Farm.
As the crowds of fans and reporters flock around the car the windows slowly roll down as fans expect the rugged stubbled Latin looks of Diego Costa to be revealed, only to be met with the grin of Troy Deeney , yes lads it's Troy Deeney

And at 10.53 Jim White and Guillem balague both announce they revealed this would happen exclusively a week ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.