Deulofeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a rule but it happens a lot. If a player wants the move and is willing to forego the remainder of his contract then all's good and well but I can't see that being the situation with our crocks. There are plenty of transfers where the seller either continues to pay a percentage of the outgoing players wages for the remainder of his contract or takes a reduced fee so the buying club can cover the players loss.

Obviously some players are willing to move if the right deal can be struck or they actively want the move for whatever reason but if you have a player who is not a great proposition to buyers and is also sat on a big contract that they're not willing to give up then that affects market value.

Gareth Bale or someone like Mesut Ozil is a prime example. Excellent players who would walk into many teams but the massive wages they're on and their unwillingness to give up that contract means they have no real market value. The closest Bale got to a move was when a free transfer was arranged to China....and then the Madrid president changed his mind and decided he wanted £20M or so. Move cancelled.

Players generally don't walk out on big contracts without some form of renumeration for lost earnings. I don't know for sure but I imagine there's a correlation between top flight players wages going up and the number of written transfer requests going down.

And when you've got the likes of Sigurdsson, Bolassie and Sandro on huge contracts then they aren't going to agree to a deal that see's them lose that money. A small hit they might agree to but they know they can sit it out and afterwards still get a decent deal somewhere else. Taking your example the other scenario is that they sit out their 1 year on £100k or whatever and then get a 2 year deal worth less.

Why have 3 years on less...unless someone's willing to pay up a decent chunk of that shortfall.

But surely the Bale example is that he is on so much at Madrid, that noone else could or would pay close to what he currently has, so the buying club simply can't afford him, hence why he is happy to sit on it. But using your example, if Real Madrid wanted to sell him, a team could offer less, and Madrid would have to pay the remainder of his contract anyway.

I think we are both wrong on this 1 to be honest.

I've never forgiven him for running the length of the pitch in the semi final away at City only to side foot his effort straight at the keeper

I am not too sure about this he is out with quite a serious injury.
That is the only major downside. And its a big problem. Otherwise I'd have him back in a shot. Even more than with Richarlison, there was an amazing air of expectancy whenever Del got the ball, and whereas Theo can sometime put in a good cross, Del can do it nearly all the time. Just ask Lukaku. Before his injury, he was playing very well for Watford, and their major slump came after his injury. He can/could win matches. Its all about the injury.

Del was improving every game.. then was dropped... was annoyed how he was being managed..was very sad to see him leave. I just haven’t watched enough of him to know his level ...

That is the only major downside. And its a big problem. Otherwise I'd have him back in a shot. Even more than with Richarlison, there was an amazing air of expectancy whenever Del got the ball, and whereas Theo can sometime put in a good cross, Del can do it nearly all the time. Just ask Lukaku. Before his injury, he was playing very well for Watford, and their major slump came after his injury. He can/could win matches. Its all about the injury.
Del and theo as (expensive) back up would secure the right side for the next couple of season.
Personally this combined with dcl and richarlison would be a strong forward line next season.
new gk, cb , rb (although kenny might be that player) two starting centre mids. We could almost put a decent team out.

Similar, though less serious injury that Bolasie had isn't it ?

There's no guarantee that he'll come back and play at a similar level to he was pre-injury so it'd be a big risk for anyone to sign him, and our treatment room is trying to social distance, so it's a No from me.

Probably got better football brain than most in our squad, but hes got a engine of a scooter.

Probably got better football brain than most in our squad, but hes got a engine of a scooter.

'Used to have'....the then Watford manager got Del up to speed for playing a full 90 minutes, even used him through the middle late on for a quick breakaway when Watford sat back or were forced back. It worked quite often as well. I was surprised at Dels fitness for Watford, considering that he was always involved in their forward play. Quite often he turned a game in their favour. If his injury has not done permanant physical or mental damage, he would be an asset. Him and Theo, for me sorts the right wing. Early last season Del scored at least three top of the range skilful goals for Watford. Only Richie came close to that for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.