Deulofeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is another these who believes he is too good to be out on the wing... Factor in his evident lack of fitness and now injury (no coincidence). Newcastle West Ham written all over him, maybe one of the new boys...

Depends what way you look at it, players like Stones went for big money and didnt leave because we wanted rid of them. Just because it hasnt worked out at a team like city doesnt make him a bad player and if you can get him back for less money then wouldnt rule it out just because he played for us before....
Look at players like Zaha etc.
But you prove my point, he left because Everton are not good enough for where he think he is, we still havent got better, so it wont work again.

See you say "rule it out just because he played for us before" but the only reason these players get mentioned is because they once played for us, no other reason. How many failures have these clubs let go, the only rejects we ever seem to want are the one we allready had, who didnt want to play for us then and dont now.
Players move for reason, once they are gone they have to stay gone.

Always thought he wasn´t good enough whilst he was here but given what we have playing on the wings now he would be a dramatic improvement.

So whenever you sell or swap a player, they have the remainder of their contract paid up by the team they leave? My understanding was that if you leave to sign a new contract with another club, this would supercede any existing contract. So for instance, if Sigurdsson or Tosun have 1 year left on the contracts at Everton for say £100k per week, if they are used in a trade, the value of the transfer fee is instead used as a make weight in the total cost of the fee of the player you are signing. They would then, if they choose to leave as you rightly point out, sign a new contract with the team they move to. In this instance, let's say Palace offer either of them £60k per week for 3 years. They would then have the decision to make of £100k guaranteed for 1 year, or a new contract, worth less in the same time period, but guaranteeing them an aditial £20-80k over the course of the new contract.

Maybe this is simply my misunderstanding of the way these things work, but I have never heard of the outgoing team paying the remainder of a players contract in the event of a transfer before, unless the club are trying to cancel the full length of the contract before it is due to end, in which case the contract would obviously protect the player.

It's not a rule but it happens a lot. If a player wants the move and is willing to forego the remainder of his contract then all's good and well but I can't see that being the situation with our crocks. There are plenty of transfers where the seller either continues to pay a percentage of the outgoing players wages for the remainder of his contract or takes a reduced fee so the buying club can cover the players loss.

Obviously some players are willing to move if the right deal can be struck or they actively want the move for whatever reason but if you have a player who is not a great proposition to buyers and is also sat on a big contract that they're not willing to give up then that affects market value.

Gareth Bale or someone like Mesut Ozil is a prime example. Excellent players who would walk into many teams but the massive wages they're on and their unwillingness to give up that contract means they have no real market value. The closest Bale got to a move was when a free transfer was arranged to China....and then the Madrid president changed his mind and decided he wanted £20M or so. Move cancelled.

Players generally don't walk out on big contracts without some form of renumeration for lost earnings. I don't know for sure but I imagine there's a correlation between top flight players wages going up and the number of written transfer requests going down.

And when you've got the likes of Sigurdsson, Bolassie and Sandro on huge contracts then they aren't going to agree to a deal that see's them lose that money. A small hit they might agree to but they know they can sit it out and afterwards still get a decent deal somewhere else. Taking your example the other scenario is that they sit out their 1 year on £100k or whatever and then get a 2 year deal worth less.

Why have 3 years on less...unless someone's willing to pay up a decent chunk of that shortfall.

I dont see how anyone can say that. Wingers aren't spot on all the time. Deulofeu creates enough in a game to easily justify a place in most PL teams.
Fair enough but I don't agree that merely being better than what we have is enough as what we currently have is terrible. Better than what we have is damning with faint praise!

seems like a tease. with Watford he has a fantastic game with wonderful bits of skill every three games then disappears. Different position but reminds me of Sigurdsson in that respect.

Doubt he'd have much resale value when we're done with him.

Has Montreal Impact written all over him

They were very good and Everton aren't? Not all ex-players but a few.
Not so much Del, but if that's the reason they leave that's why we cant look at them again, were not that desperate a club.
When your gone you need to stay gone, that's the best for Everton

I don't think he's changed much since he was with us. Some games motm, other games ineffective. Definitely better than what we have though and too good for the championship.

I don't think he's changed much since he was with us. Some games motm, other games ineffective. Definitely better than what we have though and too good for the championship.

So true. We are giving players who are ineffective every game playing time. Id quite happily replace them with a player who can turn it on and at least make things happen at times.
To many people turning their nose up at this as an option. With very little alternatives being suggested.
All dependent on the injury mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.