Derek Mountfield Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkender

Player Valuation: £950k
Met him years ago on a european trip (Bergen maybe) and it took me ages through my ale sozzled mind to realise it was him. Just a proper down to earth normal lad.

chrismpw

All I ask is an empty road.
I remember playing in a match once and found myself on the edge of the box as our team took a corner. The ball was cleared and landed my feet. It was the mid-80s, the pitch was like the Somme and I was the only member of our back 4 who was wearing studs (student team).
Inspired by a goal I'd seen Mountfield score from the same position just a week or so before, rather than welly the ball, i clipped it over the crowd of players and into the top corner of the net.

I would have received plaudits for a world class finish if i hadn't, the instant after the ball left my feet, slipped and landed on me arse, making it look like I'd slipped and shanked it. I still remember the goal, clear as day, and credit Mountfield as my inspiration.

We lost 15-1. Our keeper was about 5' tall.

Jokerdan

Player Valuation: £6m
Remember an early kick off game v Southampton. Big Saints centre forward had been putting himself about and being a right c*ck. Player went down near the centre line and was receiving treatment. Degsy and the big forward were standing on the edge of our box in front of the Street End and the c*ck was giving it large in Degsy's ear. Big D didn't even look around but stuck an elbow right in his face and poleaxed him.
It was only the cheer from the Street End which alerted everyone else on the pitch to what had happened but as none of the officials saw it and Degsy just stood there looking angelic no action was taken. The c*ck never did a thing after that. Job done!
No one messed with us in those days.

wba83

Player Valuation: £6m
Looking back now how did the likes of Gary Stevens (Spurs one) terry fenwick and Alvin Martin (who all played for London teams ) get in the Mexico 86 World Cup before mountfield not one one of them 3 players would of got near are Everton team 84-87

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
Goodison Park
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks