Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I don't believe all Evertonian's should blindly just say "yeh you're right mate" to some online yank scout that most likely hasn't really watched him play and thinks our concerns are baseless.

Personal opinion of course.

Edit: Should also add even if it is his job he hasn't backed up his original post with any quantitative facts either.

Didn't he have a whole transfer targets article or something in that thread, or am I just misreading that?

I'm not saying that you should just accept what he has to say either, but I am suggesting that Twitter is a cesspool, that there's a lot of trolling going on in that cesspool, and that I can see how he would mistake you for one given context.

Didn't he have a whole transfer targets article or something in that thread, or am I just misreading that?

I'm not saying that you should just accept what he has to say either, but I am suggesting that Twitter is a cesspool, that there's a lot of trolling going on in that cesspool, and that I can see how he would mistake you for one given context.

Not sure, don't follow the guy, all I've seen is a link to a podcast where they talk about him but against no quantitative data for his opinion that we should have 'zero concerns' over Dumfries in a 4.

If he is a scout/analyst then I'd expect more than just 'take my word for it' tweets. Wouldn't you?

I'd just watch him if I was that bothered but he's signing/not signing regardless of my take. 99% of Evertonian's that have seen him have only seen him in the Euros.
99% is a tad harsh.

We where linked with him before the Euro's , so i'm sure there's many of us had only ever seen footage of him playing right back.

Tbh I was surprised how well he done as RWB , like a lot of others.

Not sure, don't follow the guy, all I've seen is a link to a podcast where they talk about him but against no quantitative data for his opinion that we should have 'zero concerns' over Dumfries in a 4.

If he is a scout/analyst then I'd expect more than just 'take my word for it' tweets. Wouldn't you?

On Twitter? Not really.

Think about it this way: if the player passes his eye test, but not yours, neither of you is likely to move from your respective positions. If you showed up with evidence suggesting that only a tiny minority of RBs make the leap from the Dutch league to the Prem, that might tend to invalidate his eye test given that the context is the Dutch league.

Short of that, it's very difficult on Twitter for the two of you to have a productive discussion. So he makes what is usually the smart Twitter move, and shuts you down.

On Twitter? Not really.

Think about it this way: if the player passes his eye test, but not yours, neither of you is likely to move from your respective positions. If you showed up with evidence suggesting that only a tiny minority of RBs make the leap from the Dutch league to the Prem, that might tend to invalidate his eye test given that the context is the Dutch league.

Short of that, it's very difficult on Twitter for the two of you to have a productive discussion. So he makes what is usually the smart Twitter move, and shuts you down.

That isn't my take though. Not sure where I've said that.

I expect real scouts/analysts to back up opinions telling a whole fanbase not to worry with facts otherwise why believe him over anyone else?

I’ll be honest, I hadn’t heard of him before we were linked but then watching him at the euros and all the obligatory YouTube videos he looks absolutely made for the premier league.

I hope we sign him but if not so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.