2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I find it odd how posters are blaming Dyche. My take on this is all conjecture but;

Dyche is told by the powers above not to play Gray. He’ll be allowed to leave as soon as a suitable replacement comes in. Gray agrees a mega bucks contract with Saudi and is told he’ll go when a winger is brought in. An offer comes in for Iwobi that can’t be refused. Dyche isn’t happy, he says we have to keep Gray. Gray is in full strop.

Gray seems to be aiming his comment at Dyche specifically.

….I find it odd how posters are blaming Dyche. My take on this is all conjecture but;

Dyche is told by the powers above not to play Gray. He’ll be allowed to leave as soon as a suitable replacement comes in. Gray agrees a mega bucks contract with Saudi and is told he’ll go when a winger is brought in. An offer comes in for Iwobi that can’t be refused. Dyche isn’t happy, he says we have to keep Gray. Gray is in full strop.
You are missing the point here , Gray is undoubtedly in the wrong for what he has done.
But Dyche hasn't done himself any favours here expelling the lad from training , Maupay even played 2 days earlier agst Doncaster and Iwobi upto his injury.
They are Everton players until they're not.
Dyche would have been fully aware of every scenario leading upto deadline day .

Now we're stuck with a disgruntled player and a manager that won't play him.

What are you wearing sweetheart? 😘
My Sunday bests just for you sugar tits 🤣
1693769118588.jpeg

You are missing the point here , Gray is undoubtedly in the wrong for what he has done.
But Dyche hasn't done himself any favours here expelling the lad from training , Maupay even played 2 days earlier agst Doncaster and Iwobi upto his injury.

I wasn’t a fan when Koeman did it with Niasse and I wasn’t a fan when Carlo did it with Gordon. In Anthony’s case it probably hurt us as we could have used him when the injuries hit and Oumar scored at a good rate that year they tried to freeze him out. I get freezing out insanely bad players with no redeeming qualities like Maupay- not players that can have an impact in your team.

….I doubt Iwobi and Maupay were expected leavers. Both were sellable but there was certain interest in Gray. I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if Thelwell has instructed Dyche not to play Gray.

I agree there’s no reason then that Gray couldn’t still train with the first team but we really don’t know why the relationship has broken from that point. i don’t for one minute buy into Dyche not liking the lad, let’s not forget he chose him in the most critical matches on the run-in.

I think now Dyche is miffed because Iwobi left and no replacement came in. Dyche now insists Gray stays. Gray is miffed because he hasn’t got his big move. Dyche working for the good of his team, Gray working for himself.

….I doubt Iwobi and Maupay were expected leavers. Both were sellable but there was certain interest in Gray. I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if Thelwell has instructed Dyche not to play Gray.

I agree there’s no reason then that Gray couldn’t still train with the first team but we really don’t know why the relationship has broken from that point. i don’t for one minute buy into Dyche not liking the lad, let’s not forget he chose him in the most critical matches on the run-in.

I think now Dyche is miffed because Iwobi left and no replacement came in. Dyche now insists Gray stays. Gray is miffed because he hasn’t got his big move. Dyche working for the good of his team, Gray working for himself.
Eggs ....he was frozen out man.

It's poor management all round wether from Dyche , Thelwell or anyone.
If Dyche needed him for these early games he should gave used him.

Playing Dobbin in front of him shows he didn't want him .
But the training alone business stinks , badly handled all this.

The whole club top to bottom is a circus.

It is silly though keanes started 12 games and people say he is dyche’s favourite and grays started 8 games and they say he clearly never wanted him from the off and he never gave him a chance people just see what they want to see.
As I replied to someone else just Keane should never have started over branthwaite that for me was favouritism over actual sense. My original point though was about managers in general that don't have favourites and keep themselves complete separate from the team in terms of close friendships and are ruthless are normally the ones who are successful.

Seems to me Grays not happy, his tweet to ISS in July looked off imho, certainly not something rowing in the same direction would say.
Personally think he’s indicated he wanted out and he’s been told (or his agent) what the score is regarding a fee.
Seems completely understandable he would be excluded from 1st team activity in those circumstances.
If that fee hasn’t been met, tough, be professional as Iwobi and Maupey have been.
Neither of them have seemed entirely enamoured with their situations but they seem to have just got on with it until an acceptable solution was found.

The original deal was £10 million to a Saudi club - a rumpus in their club's boardroom meant two directors were removed - deal fell through & they signed another winger ....-

Then another Saudi club I think Gerrard is at that club only offer £4 million medical & personal terms agreed - Everton have stepped in & stopped it as the fee is not enough £6 million short of the original offer - so he has been told he has to train & stay - he has upset over this, but there is time yet for the valuation to be met .... he had a few curse remarks over Dyches Management style of not encouraging him to train etc ....

He's the most frustrating footballer I've seen in a long time. Clear talent but makes stupid decisions all the time.

People remember the moments of magic but they are massively outweighed by the countless times he blasted the ball over or wide when there was much better obvious options
He could be Sandro bad for 89:30 of the match but in the other 30 sec can create 1-2 very good scoring opportunities. It would be nice to see how he'd do w/ a CF like Beto to play off of but it looks like he'll eventually be sold or he'll get his locker taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.