2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some sympathy for him.
Dyche doesn't fancy him. Fair enough.

But not playing him pre-season, signing replacement, not giving him squad number + then telling him were not selling him isn't great.
It could've been handled better imo.

Might just be tactic to get more money out of Saudis.
As if 🤣 that would take negotiation tactics, nous and skill, and Bill's holding hands with the grim reaper...

The whole situation has been handled poorly by the club. They obviously knew dyche didn’t want gray therefore making him available, pushed him to go to Saudi when it looked like he didn’t want to go, took his squad number off him and told him to train on his own. Looks like we’ve messed him around. We failed to replace him now we’re stuck with an unhappy player who doesn’t want to be here and the manager doesn’t want. All a bit of a mess really.

I don’t feel sorry for him. If he wants to be an Everton player under Dyche the path is clear and well within his grasp.

Feel a bit for Dyche as the club (rightly) sold a guy who did exactly what he wanted (Iwobi) and left him with a guy who doesn’t give the bare minimum defensive effort.

The whole situation has been handled poorly by the club. They obviously knew dyche didn’t want gray therefore making him available, pushed him to go to Saudi when it looked like he didn’t want to go, took his squad number off him and told him to train on his own. Looks like we’ve messed him around. We failed to replace him now we’re stuck with an unhappy player who doesn’t want to be here and the manager doesn’t want. All a bit of a mess really.

Given that I have no idea who is in charge here I would not be the least bit suprised if the front office has no idea Dyche has no plans on playing him.

The “don’t want to sell him” stuff is clearly a PR exercise from the club fully aware that selling another player when the squad is already stretched and the window to recruit is closed, wouldn’t go down well. He’ll be off.

I love posts like this, no basis in fact, just making stuff up as fact. It's funny how we berate other people for doing this to us but we all seem to do it ourselves.

You know it is just as likely he actually hasn't done anything wrong and is annoyed at being treated poorly by mangement. I am sure most of us have been there at some point.
Maybe you missed the first word ‘IMAGINE’……

I love posts like this, no basis in fact, just making stuff up as fact. It's funny how we berate other people for doing this to us but we all seem to do it ourselves.

You know it is just as likely he actually hasn't done anything wrong and is annoyed at being treated poorly by mangement. I am sure most of us have been there at some point.
I love post like this, GOT psychoanalysts and amateur HR professionals determining the ins and outs of Everton’s playing staff relationships with the coaching staff despite any well documented ‘previous’.
🤣

The “don’t want to sell him” stuff is clearly a PR exercise from the club fully aware that selling another player when the squad is already stretched and the window to recruit is closed, wouldn’t go down well. He’ll be off.
Or maybe squeezing the Saudis for more of their filthy lucre if their interest is pretty serious.
Not seen what they’re offering yet either, might only be £2m in which case they can ‘koff

Why does the BBC report on any trivial Everton story provided it has a negative angle?

Is the BBC full of Kopites? If so I hope it’s defunded and they have to go and find real jobs. They’re scum. Sub human scum.

Dyche doesnt rate him, he also didn't rate Iwobi in my opinion.

Hes fourth choice wider, maybe even fifth, break glass in an emergency, but we need bodies until January.

His cost in minimal, he can throw around all the toys he likes - he has very little leverage.
Quite sure you are wrong about Iwobi. He gave exactly the work rate Dyche wanted. Iwobi was sold as he didn't want to sign a new contract.
Gray clearly doesn't want to run up and down the wing for 90 minutes hence he has fallen out with Dyche

Find it hard to fathom the shouts of he’s been treated badly / messed around by the club / the manger…..

He’s been pretty poor / average in the grand scheme of things (not alone there mind) so is hardly going to be missed imho.
Like him or loathe him, Dyche has come in and seems to have some basic requirements. If Gray was on board and showing his willing to implement them, why would Dyche want him out? He was cheap, he wont have a particularly high sale value, I expect his wages aren’t astronomical, so all things being even, what reason is there for Dyche to want rid?

He’s dropped some snide comments when ISS left and has now had a pop at the manager.
Compare that to Iwobi’s transfer, who also appears to have wanted out for a while.

Find it hard to fathom the shouts of he’s been treated badly / messed around by the club / the manger…..

He’s been pretty poor / average in the grand scheme of things (not alone there mind) so is hardly going to be missed imho.
Like him or loathe him, Dyche has come in and seems to have some basic requirements. If Gray was on board and showing his willing to implement them, why would Dyche want him out? He was cheap, he wont have a particularly high sale value, I expect his wages aren’t astronomical, so all things being even, what reason is there for Dyche to want rid?

He’s dropped some snide comments when ISS left and has now had a pop at the manager.
Compare that to Iwobi’s transfer, who also appears to have wanted out for a while.
He's the most frustrating footballer I've seen in a long time. Clear talent but makes stupid decisions all the time.

People remember the moments of magic but they are massively outweighed by the countless times he blasted the ball over or wide when there was much better obvious options

Status
Not open for further replies.