2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as any player expresses that they want to leave, you let them leave.

That has been my stance with every single player over the years.
Ordinarily I fully agree, but when the window has already shut and we can't fill a subs bench as it is, I think you keep the player.

The wider context is we know the money would not be provided to strengthen the squad, so what good is selling a player who can't be replaced

Ordinarily I fully agree, but when the window has already shut and we can't fill a subs bench as it is, I think you keep the player.

The wider context is we know the money would not be provided to strengthen the squad, so what good is selling a player who can't be replaced
9 subs is a stupid rule anyway.

Especially when your manager averages 1 sub a game.

Just another reflection of how badly ran the club is. Poor at the top always filters down and spreads throughout and you end up with the mess that is Everton.

No, we need to sell him ASAP.

The very last thing we need is a toxic player around the club.
If he's wanted here, then the working relationship needs to be sorted out ASAP. I suspect that you are right though and he needs selling as whatever the cause, there is no point in keeping a clearly unhappy player who wants away.

As soon as any player expresses that they want to leave, you let them leave.

That has been my stance with every single player over the years.
I agree with that entirely.

What I would say is that the decision being made internally isn’t the same thing as the decision being projected to the media.

Who knows what the club are actually thinking - but if we do want him sold, I suppose maximising how much we get for him would be the primary objective right now. And that may well involve saying “no deal, we’re not selling.”

I agree with that entirely.

What I would say is that the decision being made internally isn’t the same thing as the decision being projected to the media.

Who knows what the club are actually thinking - but if we do want him sold, I suppose maximising how much we get for him would be the primary objective right now. And that may well involve saying “no deal, we’re not selling.”
Look, the people who say we cant "afford" to let him go, they aint wrong, we need bodies and at his best hes a potent attacking force.

Now his best rarely happens, he mostly just runs the ball out of play, but he has scored goals for us and a player that can do that is clearly of value to us.

We all know we cant replace him.

But, my stance is my stance, he wants out, get him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.