2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s frustrating that he seems to produce so little for the ability he clearly has. However, even if he’s asleep for half a game, he still offers far more than Maupay. So to let him go, and keep Maupay, would be bad business from us again. In a team of few threats he does at least provide one. Sell Maupay instead!!
There's a reason we paid £1.5m for him. He has the talent as evidenced by some of his goals, but he is fairly inconsistent. Still, as you say, Gray > Maupay.

I understand the urge to sell him on if we get a suitable bid, yet I'd be content with him staying as a squad paper if we weren't so short of cash.

It’s frustrating that he seems to produce so little for the ability he clearly has. However, even if he’s asleep for half a game, he still offers far more than Maupay. So to let him go, and keep Maupay, would be bad business from us again. In a team of few threats he does at least provide one. Sell Maupay instead!!
That’s not how transfers work and we definitely can’t pick or chose. Gray offers very little and let’s hope this interest is true and we can get him out the door. Better than maupay, which isn’t hard and is not a reason to keep him.

Dyche doesn’t fancy him on the wing and as a back up number 9 he’s just as poor, check out the performance v Bournemouth on the last day, he was horrendous playing through the middle.

I’m sure the club are trying to sell both, but obviously more interest in Gray at the minute

When you go to the hairdressers and ask to look like a piece of Lego
1689862838026.png

I don't understand why we'd sell Gray unless we got some ridiculous fee like 20 million for him. We need attacking bodies that sometimes perform, which he does. If we sold him, we'd need to replace him - ideally with two guys. That's something we've proven time and again we won't do successfully.

I love this fella - cost buttons and has saved our bacon a few times. Can be frustrating as has been said - but never lacks effort in his own way. In an ideal world we'd keep him. Many more candidates to ship out before him - but no-one wants our stiffs cos of the ridiculous salaries we've paid them. Thanks to the incompetence of previous DOF's - all who have been a collective failure.

Can't warm to him never did, keep hearing about his potential....

Never seen a lad fall over for no particular reason, takes the wrong option so many times. If he wants Champions league football, he better hope Partizan Belgrade come up with a serious cash injection.

🤡

Can't warm to him never did, keep hearing about his potential....

Never seen a lad fall over for no particular reason, takes the wrong option so many times. If he wants Champions league football, he better hope Partizan Belgrade come up with a serious cash injection.

🤡
He said he wants Champions League football but he didn't specify the continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.