2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max we'd get is £15mill for him - maybe £20mill if he went Saudi.

That basically pays for Gnonto (based on rumours).

It'll end up being a ratio of one out one in when the squad at the moment needs about 4 new players without anyone leaving.
For a Jamaican national icon? $40 mil minimum for the Saudis

Al Hilal I imagine would be full upfront payments - so £20m and all in the bank would be a huge outcome.

Hopefully, he can be seduced by the $ of Saudi.

The Saudis have been a bit tight with fees though haven’t they? Playing contracts have been big but a lot of the reports I’ve seen left me thinking they’re not getting mugged off too easily in transfer fees.

Demarai Gray going to end up being an example of how everton should do business, buy for £1.7million and sell on for 12 million ish - happy days.

I think Gray has done absolutely fine considering his fee and his winner v arsenal and the equalizer v city are probably the only couple of true highlights we have had over the last few season.

A player who will always be useful to have as an impact sub but too inconsistent to ge constantly starting.

Max we'd get is £15mill for him - maybe £20mill if he went Saudi.

That basically pays for Gnonto (based on rumours).

It'll end up being a ratio of one out one in when the squad at the moment needs about 4 new players without anyone leaving.
4 new ins with no one out would lead a bloated squad.

As it stands: 3 GKPs, 4 FBs, 5 CBs, 6 CMs, 2 Wingers, 3 Strikers. That’s already 23.

If Gnonto and Danjuma come in as being reported, and gray leaves, we then have 3 wingers, with Iwobi also covering that position. And we have 24.

Then an out and out striker is needed to put us on 25 players.

The Saudis have been a bit tight with fees though haven’t they? Playing contracts have been big but a lot of the reports I’ve seen left me thinking they’re not getting mugged off too easily in transfer fees.
Not going wild on fees but definitely paid slightly above what teams would get elsewhere for the likes of Neves or Jota. 40m for Fabinho is steep when he's nearly 30. Judging by what they've done so far I'd say we'd hope for maybe 25-30% more from them than we'd get elsewhere.

He’s hanging around like a bad smell now. Need to get him out and funds in.
Wow… in a team that reeks, gray is no worse then the majority. One of the few players who made a difference to the season in terms of points.
Been a decent signing even if not reaching the upper echelons

Wow… in a team that reeks, gray is no worse then the majority. One of the few players who made a difference to the season in terms of points.
Been a decent signing even if not reaching the upper echelons
It’s more because i know he’s going. Too many links to believe he will stay and that’s my reasoning for wanting him out now so we can reinvest.

He’s been one of our best signings for years now due to his low fee.

4 new ins with no one out would lead a bloated squad.

As it stands: 3 GKPs, 4 FBs, 5 CBs, 6 CMs, 2 Wingers, 3 Strikers. That’s already 23.

If Gnonto and Danjuma come in as being reported, and gray leaves, we then have 3 wingers, with Iwobi also covering that position. And we have 24.

Then an out and out striker is needed to put us on 25 players.
In an ideal world we would be able to move on all the players who do not play. But unfortunately no one will want to bid good money for them, so we will end up selling someone like Gray who plays regularly. The chances are we will end up letting likes of Gbamin or Gomes etc leave later on in the window for low fees or probably more likely on loan.

We need to reduce the squad in pure numbers terms, but in terms of players we are comfortable to have in a match day squad, we are very short right now, especially in attacking areas (yes I will keep saying it till we sign forwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.