2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must buy better players than we already have. We can’t buy anyone without first selling. If we can sell a bit part squad player for 20x his actual value then that’s obviously better than having to sell one of the few actually important players we have.

No issue with him being sold.

I've issues with letting another attacker go who IMO can be very useful as a threat with pace- and probably the last one of our attacker's that can be (which is probably why clubs are interested)

Cos take out McNeil's out of the blue form (previous highest goal tally was 3 and scored zero the season prior to us signing him), we're left with Doucoure (who again had a freak end of a season).

It's worrying.

Been a great deal for the club , i blame the club for not getting better wingers in gray/ iwobi should never have been the main threat we have out wide. Hopefully we can get a good deal for him, put in some good performances last season and also put the cross on for dcl against palace. Wish him the best on the future with his next club

He is a player who can score the odd screamer. You can't really rely on them.

Personally I am fine with him staying but its obvious Dyche doesnt fancy him that much anyway so may as well sell and use the money elsewhere.

I agree.

There's just a blase attitude about selling another attacking player from the worst attacking team in the league.

Worries me a little.

I've issues with letting another attacker go who IMO can be very useful as a threat with pace- and probably the last one of our attacker's that can be (which is probably why clubs are interested)

Cos take out McNeil's out of the blue form (previous highest goal tally was 3 and scored zero the season prior to us signing him), we're left with Doucoure (who again had a freak end of a season).

It's worrying.

Gray has never scored more than 5 in the Premier League, if we can’t replace that sort of a return with the money we’ll receive then we deserve to and might as well liquidate the club.

I guess we know now where Usi hid his cash
It did strike me earlier that if a sanctioned individual with ties to a football club wanted to find a way to inject some cash into that club that wouldn't set off alarms he could funnel that money through Saudi while they are on a signing binge. Saudis would have no ethical issue with it and no one would really bat an eyelid at the inflated prices being paid as that's what you expect the Saudis to do.

But that would definitely never happen.

It's worrying.

As long as we don't replace him with someone slow who doesn't score...

Gray has never scored more than 5 in the Premier League, if we can’t replace that sort of a return with the money we’ll receive then we deserve to and might as well liquidate the club.

Pretty sure Siggurdson, Rooney, Richy, and DCL are the last 2 players to score 10 goals for us since Moshiri took over.

Only 1 still plays for us. Barely. So...do you trust the club?

It maybe only "5 goals" but it's 5 goals to replace on top of the already shocking attack as it is.

Instead of minimum 2 attacking players it's now 3.

Pretty sure Siggurdson, Rooney, Richy, and DCL are the last 2 players to score 10 goals for us since Moshiri took over.

Only 1 still plays for us. Barely. So...do you trust the club?

It maybe only "5 goals" but it's 5 goals to replace on top of the already shocking attack as it is.

Instead of minimum 2 attacking players it's now 3.

I think we should sack Thelwell if he can’t find a player in the footballing world who can score 5 goals.

Makes sense to sell him, as he was a cheap buy and in an ideal world would only be a back up winger.

I’m just not confident at all in our ability to sign players who produce in the final third, hopefully, we can get a few in as we’re going to struggle again otherwise.

let’s get off of pace
You know he isn’t the only player with pace in world football and we’ve been linked with pacy players right?

Push comes to shove I’d rather we ship out the Grays and Keanes of the squad and replace them than lose an actual decent player in Pickford and not replace him adequately

Status
Not open for further replies.