2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw him yesterday as the only player capable of beating a player, having a shot from outside the area, and having genuine
pace.

Listen, he's no world-beater but he's the best we have. Not saying much.

Shades of Peter Beagrie at times.
This. He has sublime talent marred by consistent inconsistency! He is a impact sub at best for me. Lacks urgency and slows it down too much. When he is instinctive he is a great player.

A good coaching team would spot this and sort though...

He is an enigma , capable of the sublime , but sometimes his passing and decision making is abysmal

Indeed…I really like the guy because he is capable of doing outrageous things, but yesterday he continually tried to heat people and invariably gave the ball away. Hopefully it was a one off……

This. He has sublime talent marred by consistent inconsistency! He is a impact sub at best for me. Lacks urgency and slows it down too much. When he is instinctive he is a great player.

A good coaching team would spot this and sort though...
He’s no more coachable than the likes of Walcott or Aaron Lennon - pace merchant’s that get in good positions because of their speed but pick the wrong option 9 times out of ten. And Gray isn’t even as good as the likes of Lennon or Walcott at one point in their careers.

That the board have let us get to a position where he’s one of our main attacking outlets is just not good enough, he’s not good enough.

Has no football brain.

None. Will never be more than a 1 in 10.

I keep mentioning this and this is a real reason we are absolutely screwed. Gray, Gordon, Iwobi, they have no football intelligence. They make brain dead decisions time after time and they tend to be costly mistakes.

Take that 2nd goal yesterday, Gray has a chance to whip the ball in, instead just runs straight into the player and loses the ball. Now, Iwobi has a split second decision to make, go and challenge and give away a foul and get a yellow card or start legging it back pronto. The ball is there to be challenged but no, Iwobi is looking at the referee waiting to see if Gray has won a free kick even though it was never going to be given.

The icing on the cake is Gordon's half arsed attempt to win the ball back. You won't see a more pathetic 15 minute cameo than what he served up yesterday. It was embarrassing.

On top of this we have a striker who is miles off it because he simply doesn't trust his body to put himself about and make a huge nuisance of himself but he's was we are relying on for goals.

How can any team believe a front line of Gordon, Gray, Mcneil, Maupay and a less than half fit DCL is going to score the goals to lift us up the league and that's all with our one creative player Iwobi who is as begin dead as the rest of them.

Its such a difficult one with him as he kind of needs to play as he is our main threat. But at the same time, his selfishness and poor decision making is contributing to a stifled attacking function.

We had so many corners and have so many big lumps to aim for. How are we not scoring any headers? Get him off dead ball situations please. But I also think there is no attacking plan for corners. Just lump it in there and see

Status
Not open for further replies.