2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
One really great thing that would come from him continuing to perform like this is he will become example number one of how it doesn't mean jack that the supporters of a club watch the player every week when it comes to evaluating players. Every single Leicester poster who felt the need to offer an opinion had a negative slant. And they all might be wrong.

Fans are too biased to be reasonable in their assessments of players. It's true for all of us.
What has bias got to do with anything here, the lad had talent but rarely showed it in anything resembling a consistent spell.

We had all this [Poor language removed] when he went to Germany and played well for two weeks and then did the square root of f’ all for the rest of the season.

The lad was a moody arse and hair pullingly inconsistent. I mean I watched him play for what 4.5 years… but apparently those opinions don’t matter as he’s had a couple of good games.

If he’s pulled his finger out and stopped being a total bell end then you are on to a winner. But he’s shown time and time again, if he had a bad spell and gets dropped, he’ll sulk and things will plummet.

What has bias got to do with anything here, the lad had talent but rarely showed it in anything resembling a consistent spell.

We had all this [Poor language removed] when he went to Germany and played well for two weeks and then did the square root of f’ all for the rest of the season.

The lad was a moody arse and hair pullingly inconsistent. I mean I watched him play for what 4.5 years… but apparently those opinions don’t matter as he’s had a couple of good games.

If he’s pulled his finger out and stopped being a total bell end then you are on to a winner. But he’s shown time and time again, if he had a bad spell and gets dropped, he’ll sulk and things will plummet.
Thanks for making my point mate. Cheers.

I just checked out of curiosity since some folk seem to think Adama Traore is some brilliant player: In 3 games Gray has equalled Traore's league goal tally (2) from this season and last combined (39 games)

I just checked out of curiosity since some folk seem to think Adama Traore is some brilliant player: In 3 games Gray has equalled Traore's league goal tally (2) from this season and last combined (39 games)
Traore is probably one of the five best dribblers in the world. If his teammates have a decent finishing season he could get 10 assists and add 5 or so goals. I wouldn't have him here but he gets a tough time.

So you follow and watch every game your ex players play in...

Traore is probably one of the five best dribblers in the world. If his teammates have a decent finishing season he could get 10 assists and add 5 or so goals. I wouldn't have him here but he gets a tough time.

Amazing dribbler yer problem is his final product, league one standard

Amazing dribbler yer problem is his final product, league one standard
I think that narrative could change this year, not saying he'll be great but how he's going now he should get in the neighborhood of 15 goals and assists unless Wolves are the worst shooting team in the history of top flight football.

Anyway not sure why we're worried about comparing Gray to him.

Our marquee signing ladies and gentlemen

(tbf - i've been very impressed with the lad and it may well turn out to be one our our best pieces of business in years in terms of value for money)

Who do you think is responsible for this signing...is it Brands or Benitez...my guess is that its Benitez but Brands will probably take credit for it if he continues the way he started the season

I mean, if he's turned the corner in his career and is boss we've recruited well.

Equally, if he ends up a bit Walcott (good start, meh), well it's £1.5 million which is 1/18th of a Bolassie*.

*it was £27.5m we paid?

Fair play to him being up for Player of the Month. Antonio definitely deserves it but good to see his redemption arc start off positively and be recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.