Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
And proven at Premier League level to be rubbish, too.

People talking about bargain signings - it can be done on a budget - Mahrez was brought to Leicester for half a million. But there is zero strategy here, and when you have whole sections of the fanbase who can be convinced that the years of watching Townsend be garbage everywhere can be forgotten on the altar of "squad depth", it shows how much of a basket case the club currently is.

Exactly. Tom Davies is a ‘squad player’ but he’s started probably 50 games in the last 2 seasons. The problem with ‘squad players’ is that they have a horrible habit of turning up on the football pitch.

Who actually wants Townsend or Gray being the backup to Richarlison or *insert RW name here* if they are injured and are out for 5-6, 10 games?

Who actually wants Townsend or Gray to be the option off the bench when it's 1-1 against Chelsea or Spurs in the FA Cup quarter final?

Absolutely no one, not one single celled organism in the entire known universe would say these are "good options". In any situation they're not good options.

There’s deffo a lot of posters who were fully behind the Benitez appointment, and probably closet ones to, who are now all in on whatever decisions get made. No rowing back from it.

Gray will be on the left effectively replacing Benard when he buggers off.

Townsend is effectively Walcotts replacement on the right.

Thats not the issue for me the issue is Iwobi is still our first choice RW and he's pish.
Can’t see we spend big on other wingers. These two can play on the right. We blow the budget on Dumfries and sign Lenglet on loan that’s about it.

Demarai Gray was given so many chances with us and failed to take every single one of them, it’s quite surprising he lasted as long as he did at Leicester.

The type of player who turns up in about 1 in 20 games, that’s not an exaggeration either.

It seems to me that Rafael is just replacing garbage with garbage.

As unglamorous they may be, I think these as a replacement to Bernard at a fraction of the wage price could be shrewd. They’re risk free and offer depth. I am happy with this if we shift the deadwood and show a little more ambition (or scouting) in other areas like RW and RB (probably Denzel?).
Will wait and see before I judge this one, it’ll either be shrewd in wider context or embarrassing if this the level we’re looking at exclusively

I love that the line in here is "these are good signings if they are replacing Bernard and Iwobi". It does look like Bernie's on his bike but Iwobi is going absolutely nowhere.

I would ask those same posters are they excited about a line up including Gray and Townsend on the wings and Iwobi pulling the strings at no. 10? Goals, goals, goals.

Demarai Gray was given so many chances with us and failed to take every single one of them, it’s quite surprising he lasted as long as he did at Leicester.

The type of player who turns up in about 1 in 20 games, that’s not an exaggeration either.

It seems to me that Rafael is just replacing garbage with garbage.

Yesss just what we need another inconsistent winger to file alongside the likes of Mirallas, Walcott, Bernard.

I love that the line in here is "these are good signings if they are replacing Bernard and Iwobi". It does look like Bernie's on his bike but Iwobi is going absolutely nowhere.

I would ask those same posters are they excited about a line up including Gray and Townsend on the wings and Iwobi pulling the strings at no. 10? Goals, goals, goals.
Watch desperate attempts to flog him on deadline day collapse over wage demands.

There's no contradiction: it's up to Brands to flog players to get cash in. In thrt absence of that the club is getting Townsend and Gray.

All roads lead to Brands.
You blame Brands for just about everything so, if you know better pray explain how he should go about outing Bernard on £120k a week ?
Player under no obligation to take reduction in salary, and no known interest in him from anywhere… tell me how Brands is supposed to move him as easily as you infer it should be ??

Status
Not open for further replies.