Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point but none of the deals are exciting
The question is will these players improve our squad.

With the base being so astoundingly low (Iwobi, Bernard, Sigurdsson, Gomes all mainly lazy, overpaid, and with limited skillset), can only improve us.

Whenever I have seen Townsend he has always struck me as a grafter which is exactly what we need. These lazy overpaid pussycat midfielders we currently have drives me to drink.

Just my opinion, I'm sure most will disagree which is fine.

I don’t know I don’t work for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
You're an odd fella. I asked if any club above us would currently sign him, you said spurs would, they haven't, I asked why not, despite you saying they would you then said you have no idea if they would. Good talk.

You asked the question if they’d sign him past his peak (he’s only just turned 30 on Friday) like we did with a 33 year old alcoholic Gazza? I said they would based on the fact they signed a 31 year old Bale who was happy to waste over a year of his career on Madrid’s bench

I mean Bale was one of the top players in the world not long ago and still scored 15 last season when he barely started games. Townsend is a career bottom half of the Prem player on the decline.

You want to blame Brands, yet.

When asked if he wanted Townsend to leave, Benitez told the Chronicle: "No. I was talking to him.

"When I was here he was a very good professional and did really well at that time.

"When he came here he had some injuries and maybe fans think about the time he wasn't playing.

"He was OK though, he was good for us.

"After that he had the chance to go and took that chance because he was very close to playing for England.

"He said: 'If I stay in the Premier League I'll have more chances'.

"So you have to understand that he is a professional and wanted to do well for his country.

"He left, but he was a good player."

And when asked if he tried to sign Townsend again the next season, Benitez said: "We were talking about names and he was one of them."
None of that is exaclty a ringing endorsement from Benitez is it?

I can't be the only one thinking these signings are more the sort somebody like Norwich or Watford would be signing in order to survive relegation as opposed to trying to compete for top 7

There's a player in Gray (my Leicester mates said he should have had a better return than he did when he was with them) but Townsend is dross - Walcott v2

Status
Not open for further replies.