2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I'm being thick here

As I understand Dele contract(s) with us/spurs /whoever are expiring. If Everton have paid the players wages and fulfilled that contract up to expiration, the player surely just becomes a free agent ? I cannot understand why spurs can charge any fee if any former player of theirs signs a contract with any other club as a free agent? Is this unique to Dele?

If that is indeed the case, which divvy in the EFC legal department missed that clause/or thought that'd be a good idea?

Sorry if I'm being thick here

As I understand Dele contract(s) with us/spurs /whoever are expiring. If Everton have paid the players wages and fulfilled that contract up to expiration, the player surely just becomes a free agent ? I cannot understand why spurs can charge any fee if any former player of theirs signs a contract with any other club as a free agent? Is this unique to Dele?

If that is indeed the case, which divvy in the EFC legal department missed that clause/or thought that'd be a good idea?

It's also illegal. Once his contract ends so do any such conditions. Employment and freedom to trade laws make such clauses unenforceable unless there's a issue around company commercial security. I doubt Dele's going to spill the secrets of Everton's master plan to dominate the EPL through administration will meet such criteria.

Bloke needs to retire, be a crap pundit or sign a pay as you play contract with a club who can afford the luxury of him losing focus and fitness regularly.

I'm all for helping him recover. That doesn't mean we have to re-sign him. It means finishing the medical program we've started him on. Everton in the community. The People's club. Being good people is the only thing we're good at. Telling him to sort himself out doesn't fit with our values.
Given the amount of wages he's trousered I don't think it would be unreasonable for him to pay for the treatment if we are providing it at cost

What did you think you were getting when you opened this thread? Discussion of meats and cheeses?
Tbf he’s contributed about as much as this:
IMG_7909.jpeg

Hanging around doing sweet FA the big saucisson

Last edited:
The club is on its arse, so I can honestly understand people being annoyed regarding the whole thing.
They're directing their anger at the wrong person in all this.
And it would be so easy for the club to just shrug and say deal with it, but I am kinda glad that we are helping him with regarding his future.
It's very good for the club. The recognise he's in a bit of a spot and have extended him the courtesy to carry on with whatever program he's on.
The human race is in grave danger of losing its humanity.
The day has been and gone.

Personally think he'll end up at Forest or Saudi.

But I also think Dyche would absolutely love to be the coach that got him "back to his best" purely for his own ego

They're directing their anger at the wrong person in all this.

It's very good for the club. The recognise he's in a bit of a spot and have extended him the courtesy to carry on with whatever program he's on.

The day has been and gone.
Let’s not kid ourselves they’re doing this out of some altruistic reason, he’s there because they still think he might come good and be worth another deal.
There’s plenty of former players who are in a less fortunate position than Dele Alli, whom the club could invest their time and effort in.
Personally I believe he will end up in the MLS or something and having been all lovely and nice to him, he will make us look like the shower of soft touches we are when his agents sent him off to the highest bidder / outfit that elevates his profile.

Someone else said Wrexham earlier, that wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest, rock up there, to be the star of the show and actually play at 25% of his old ability and still look ½ decent occasionally, all while getting getting smoke blown up his hoop by Hollywood stars.

The club is on its arse, so I can honestly understand people being annoyed regarding the whole thing.

And it would be so easy for the club to just shrug and say deal with it, but I am kinda glad that we are helping him with regarding his future.

The human race is in grave danger of losing its humanity.
I think financially the costs will be very small

I don’t have a problem with it

Not allowing Dele to use our training facilities isn’t going to suddenly turn us into Bayern Munich

I think financially the costs will be very small

I don’t have a problem with it

Not allowing Dele to use our training facilities isn’t going to suddenly turn us into Bayern Munich
Its disgusting, what if hes using a bench press machine and Gana wants to do a set and has to wait 10minutes?

It could derail our whole season.

An utter joke, why doesnt he just buy a gym and new mental health?

Soft touch FC Mikey.

Said it before and I'll say it again: Dele Alli will never play another game of professional football for Everton. I'll be truly astonished if he ever plays in the Prem for anybody else either.
You may be right, but sincerely hope you are wrong.

Its disgusting, what if hes using a bench press machine and Gana wants to do a set and has to wait 10minutes?

It could derail our whole season.

An utter joke, why doesnt he just buy a gym and new mental health?

Soft touch FC Mikey.

Why doesn't he turn for the last home game of the season and thank the club/fans for their support?

Status
Not open for further replies.