2023/24 Dele

I get both sides of this, but think of this rationally. He has talent, we've helped him a lot through crazily tough times. There's loyalty there.
We can't afford anyone close to as good as he was, possibly for years.

IF he ends up somehow dragging himself back onto the pitch against all the odds and shows even a quarter of what he had before, That'd be better than most of the jokers who've pulled on the shirt in the last few years. Totally worth keeping him around and seeing what happens.

This thing where fans act like they're personally paying their wages or rehab bills is a hilarious part of modern football. Long term strategic decisions are ignored in favour of being outraged. Let's see how this plays out.

If Dyche didn't think it was worth looking at, he won't do it.

I get both sides of this, but think of this rationally. He has talent, we've helped him a lot through crazily tough times. There's loyalty there.
We can't afford anyone close to as good as he was, possibly for years.

IF he ends up somehow dragging himself back onto the pitch against all the odds and shows even a quarter of what he had before, That'd be better than most of the jokers who've pulled on the shirt in the last few years. Totally worth keeping him around and seeing what happens.

This thing where fans act like they're personally paying their wages or rehab bills is a hilarious part of modern football. Long term strategic decisions are ignored in favour of being outraged. Let's see how this plays out.

If Dyche didn't think it was worth looking at, he won't do it.
This was my view, in August mate.

Good luck to the lad, but I think the Dele experiment should end.

With this post I have guaranteed he will join somebody else and win Ballon, I said BALLON, but I really mean good luck to him, I notice a lot of people are livid due to the money hes "stolen" from the club and thats up to them, but its only money. :hayee:

Thanks for Palace Dele lad.

This was my view, in August mate.

Good luck to the lad, but I think the Dele experiment should end.

With this post I have guaranteed he will join somebody else and win Ballon, I said BALLON, but I really mean good luck to him, I notice a lot of people are livid due to the money hes "stolen" from the club and thats up to them, but its only money. :hayee:

Thanks for Palace Dele lad.
Haha that's my worry, that he goes and tears it up somewhere else.

I just wonder if its more possible at Everton than anywhere else considering he'd feel like he owes us? Comfort, feeling like he's wanted etc

It's something in Dyche's comments that interests me. For his tactical faults he does seem to have a good grasp of the psychological side of things. He could easily be saying "look we're human beings" and leave it at that (which i agree with, just launching him out is a really bad thing leaving football aside).

But the extra things he's saying about getting past some of his personal issues, he didn't need to say. A lot of reading between the lines but I do trust Dyche on this side of things more than anything else.

And we're not adding to our front line for any transfer fees any time soon...

Haha that's my worry, that he goes and tears it up somewhere else.

I just wonder if its more possible at Everton than anywhere else considering he'd feel like he owes us? Comfort, feeling like he's wanted etc

It's something in Dyche's comments that interests me. For his tactical faults he does seem to have a good grasp of the psychological side of things. He could easily be saying "look we're human beings" and leave it at that (which i agree with, just launching him out is a really bad thing leaving football aside).

But the extra things he's saying about getting past some of his personal issues, he didn't need to say. A lot of reading between the lines but I do trust Dyche on this side of things more than anything else.
The club is on its arse, so I can honestly understand people being annoyed regarding the whole thing.

And it would be so easy for the club to just shrug and say deal with it, but I am kinda glad that we are helping him with regarding his future.

The human race is in grave danger of losing its humanity.

The club is on its arse, so I can honestly understand people being annoyed regarding the whole thing.

And it would be so easy for the club to just shrug and say deal with it, but I am kinda glad that we are helping him with regarding his future.

The human race is in grave danger of losing its humanity.
Everton are good at that sometimes, helping Jose Baxter out showed that. Dele's situation is a whole other level, keeping him on his rehab where he's comfortable is completely the right thing to do. Especially when the other option is for him to just be cast back into the real world with his demons as no other club will have him until he's done his rehab programme, and even then it's not guaranteed.

If it leads to him going elsewhere, that's fine. If it helps Everton on terms that suit the club (Spurs will have to help there too) then even better

I may be wrong but from the sound of it I believe it means his contract still ends but he will be provided with the facilities, staff etc to continue his recovery. If that's the case that means we won't be paying him a wage after his contract ends, just providing continued professional support. I'm all for that. And if he ends up recovering well I assume he'll be stepping up his recuperation by being involved with actual training. At that point a real assessment can be made as to whether he can have anything to contribute and worth offering a short term contract on reduced wages. With the goodwill down to him by the club I believe he would take that, so we're not really losing out on pursuing this. If he's not up to scratch at all he won't get offered anything. If he shows he may be useful we may be able to keep him workout breaking the bank on wages or a signing fee. In our current situation it may be one of the only ways to potentially add some creative quality to the squad in an affordable way. Watch and see I guess

I'm all for helping him recover. That doesn't mean we have to re-sign him. It means finishing the medical program we've started him on. Everton in the community. The People's club. Being good people is the only thing we're good at. Telling him to sort himself out doesn't fit with our values.
Assisting someone who financially doesn't need the assistance isnt EITC's remit either - thats the job of the board

As if he's using our tinpot club's medical facilities anyway. That lad's in Dubai with a multi million pound fortune, this is just good PR from the club. He's not heading back to Halewood for a rub down anytime soon.

As if he's using our tinpot club's medical facilities anyway. That lad's in Dubai with a multi million pound fortune, this is just good PR from the club. He's not heading back to Halewood for a rub down anytime soon.

The club posts media of him at the clubs facilities, rehabilitating over the last 24 hours. Following the decision to help a person out following substance abuse and injury.

Fanbase:

- Criticizes one of the the positives of our club, our training facilities and us doing good by a former player. Insinuates that the player isn't at the club as shown in the pictures.
- Attacks an injured, former addicted and abused player.

If you're mad that our money is thin helping a hurt person out, don't be mad at the player. Be mad at the club.

Look, i hate that we signed Dele. However, we signed what is essentially a physically hurt, mentally unstable player. I'd bloody hope we help anyone out with these problems, whether a player, groundskeeper or stadium worker.