2023/24 Dele

For further character references please look up what the president of his former employer
in Turkey said about him. For those who do not speak fluent Turkish he said that Deli Ali was
basically a tosser, an expensive waste of space. I would have thought given his body of work
at EFC that that would be a reasonable assessment of the man who if he's not injured is on holiday
or waiting for some press photographer to show up.

When will this con-man take responsibility for his rapid decline as a footballer? Not fighting in the
Ukraine or working in an UCI unit in a hospital or driving a taxi at night no playing footie, this waste of space comes up
with playing the victim and judging by some reactions on here it works.

100k a week. Plays 6 more games for EFC and we have to pay 10 million to Spurs.
This is one of the worst posts I've seen for a while, I do wish you hadn't picked a user name so similar to mine, as people might think it was me posting this rubbish.

Every single signing is a risk.

He might relapse , he might not.

If he plays well before the next payment in due the 10m against the points he might bring is a gamble worth considering.

I'm not saying it's a 'must do deal' but as we're already commited to some degree it should be considered. (as opposed written off like you and several others are advocating)

…risk assessment is a necessary discipline. Football is a contact sport so risk is always a factor but in some cases the risk is much higher than others. The club needs to be hard-nosed in managing high risk.

I imagine dyche feels like he's been shafted by the board with all these late sales going into their coffers and not on players. He ought to try Dele (if and when he's up to speed and up for the fight), and almost force the club to honour spending 10 million on him.
They've no excuses having sold what's considered our attacking midfielder in iwobi.
But as said, Dele needs to be busting a gut on the training field.

…risk assessment is a necessary discipline. Football is a contact sport so risk is always a factor but in some cases the risk is much higher than others. The club needs to be hard-nosed in managing high risk.
I agree with you, we've been poor in dishing out ill advised contacts in the past to entice players to Everton, however:

He's already under contract.
We're already paying him.
He can play a handful of games with no additional financial burden on Everton.

He might perform and earn an additional 20 games (and maybe even potential new deal - a long shot)

He might perform to a standard that doesn't convince Everton, but another club may take him on loan in January reducing our wage spend.

If we don't play him (at all, as you and others are advocating) it's almost certain we're stuck with him and his wages until he walks out next May.

It makes zero sense. Get him fit, get him on the pitch and see what happens.

Last edited:
Every single signing is a risk.

He might relapse , he might not.

If he plays well before the next payment in due the 10m against the points he might bring is a gamble worth considering.

I'm not saying it's a 'must do deal' but as we're already commited to some degree it should be considered. (as opposed written off like you and several others are advocating)

Key to paying the ten million is what contract extension comes with it, I doubt we would hand it over knowing he would walk out the door for free in the summer. If he agrees to a year extension at a reduced rate with a relegation clause then it would make it more attractive to us.

Plays anything like he used to and we also have the opportunity to move him on in the summer to recover those costs. Whatever happens you are right he should be given those 6 or so games in the best possible condition to showcase what he can do. I would be arranging behind closed door games for him to get him match ready before he steps out as a first team team player for us. If we look really good during those games and are taking more points than before then there is a world I can see where we pay Spurs the money just because it'll work out cheaper than flirting with relegation.

I agree with you, we've been poor in dishing out ill advised contacts in the past to entice players to Everton, however:

He's already under contract.
We're already paying him.
He can play a handful of games with no additional financial burden on Everton.

He might perform and earn an additional 20 games (and maybe even potential new deal - a long shot)

He might perform to a standard that doesn't convince Everton, but another club may take him on loan in January reducing our wage spend.

If we don't play him (at all, as you and others are advocating) it's almost certain we're stuck with him and his wages until he walks out next May.

It makes zero sense. Get him fit, get him on the pitch and see what happens.

…totally disagree but there you go.

Key to paying the ten million is what contract extension comes with it, I doubt we would hand it over knowing he would walk out the door for free in the summer. If he agrees to a year extension at a reduced rate with a relegation clause then it would make it more attractive to us.

Plays anything like he used to and we also have the opportunity to move him on in the summer to recover those costs. Whatever happens you are right he should be given those 6 or so games in the best possible condition to showcase what he can do. I would be arranging behind closed door games for him to get him match ready before he steps out as a first team team player for us. If we look really good during those games and are taking more points than before then there is a world I can see where we pay Spurs the money just because it'll work out cheaper than flirting with relegation.

…amazed some posters even entertain the thought of giving him a new deal.

Personally, I don’t see any logic in it even given the La La Land scenario that he’s still got something to offer. He needs to be given a big swerve and off the books asap.

I imagine dyche feels like he's been shafted by the board with all these late sales going into their coffers and not on players. He ought to try Dele (if and when he's up to speed and up for the fight), and almost force the club to honour spending 10 million on him.
They've no excuses having sold what's considered our attacking midfielder in iwobi.
But as said, Dele needs to be busting a gut on the training field.
Will be very interesting to see what happens if Dele performs well in games just shy of the trigger point.

….and that’s exactly what I’m saying we shouldn’t do.

Playing him and him impressing for 7 games doesn’t mean he won’t relapse and return to his old ways after 10 games. It’s really not a matter of ‘seeing how he goes’ and ‘we’ve got nothing to lose’. Once that £10m is paid we’d be carrying huge risk.
I feel like if Dele can get his body and his head right it’ll be for the rest of the season not just for 7 games

Dele makes 100kpw until end of season no matter what happens

He doesn’t need to play any football to make that happen

If he gets himself ready to play in the premier league again it’ll be because he wants his career to last longer than this season and wants a new contract somewhere

I would agree there’s a risk factor if we’re looking at offering him a new contract next year but until that point, if he plays well enough in six games for us to pay 10m for the next 20 then I don’t see much risk in that. And if we’re talking about keeping him past this season that’ll be a great problem to have because it’ll mean we’ve had some Dele in form!

Personally, I don’t see any logic in it even given the La La Land scenario that he’s still got something to offer. He needs to be given a big swerve and off the books asap.
I've got no time for rich, dumb footballers wasting their talent and drifting through their contracts.

But after that interview he deserves a chance, if behind the scenes he shows that he wants one.

I've got no time for rich, dumb footballers wasting their talent and drifting through their contracts.

But after that interview he deserves a chance, if behind the scenes he shows that he wants one.
As a few have said now, he needs to be working his arse off in training and be that old snide horrible Dele on the pitch that I used to hate watching play against us because he got goals and assists but also got stuck in and would’ve been horrible to play against.

It is like this...we have rubbish players that don't win games so any hope is better than none. He has a 6 game audition where if he flops there isn't a question whether we pay or not, if he does well then why wouldn't you? We aren't talking about signing him up on a 5 year deal, all short term stuff.