2023/24 Dele

Would be peak Everton if he actually started to appear in the squad now as there's no possible way he can play as many games as needed for us to pay Spurs now. Even more peak Everton though would be if he came in, was unreal for the last few games and kept us up, got a new contract and then barely ever played for us again after.
If he plays and keeps us up I'd deffo give him a new contract.
Pigs might fly and all that. Total waste of breath discussing the topic.

If he plays and keeps us up I'd deffo give him a new contract.
Pigs might fly and all that. Total waste of breath discussing the topic.

IMG_8237.jpeg

It's the most bizzare signing I think any club has ever made due to the fact it had to have been clearly obvious how bad the finances and FFP issue was at the club at the time. Even if he was constantly fit and playing out of his skin the club probably wouldn't have been able to afford to play him anyway with the installments that would have had to have been payed to Spurs.
My mind just boggles how not one person at the club didn't say , em the figures just don't add up here we can't sign off on this transfer. Now stuck with a player on huge wages that wouldn't have been able to play many games for the club even if he was available to play.
Dele being unavailable to play due to injuries etc have probably saved the club from huge embarrassment. Imagine if he hit the ground running and the club had to come out and say we can't afford to play him anymore even though we are paying 100,00 thousand or so a week on his wages.
If he was fit and playing out of his skin he would have been a bargain and we would have been able to afford him because we wouldn't have signed some of the other players we've signed since and we would be in a much better league position if we had a player producing performances of that level so it wasn't a bad signing for that reason at all. It was a bad signing because the chance of that happening was almost nil.

If he was fit and playing out of his skin he would have been a bargain and we would have been able to afford him because we wouldn't have signed some of the other players we've signed since and we would be in a much better league position if we had a player producing performances of that level so it wasn't a bad signing for that reason at all. It was a bad signing because the chance of that happening was almost nil.