2023/24 Dele

You’re right , we was playing regularly for them and doing well, that’s why they gave him away for nothing …

Even the Turkish club said his attitude was terrible…
Ah the good old let’s twist words to fit your own meaning.

You said he was “frozen out”. He quite clearly wasn’t “frozen out” as he was playing regularly. I never said he was doing well. You have added that bit.

And based off his disclosure shortly after coming back from turkey, I’m not surprised he didn’t have a good attitude at that time. But he has sought help.

You might want to educate yourself around trauma.

It's not that but no player at Everton should be on £100k+ per week imo and especially one who never plays. We currently have 7 players on £100k+

We have 5, no? who am I missing? Gomes (gone at end of season), Onana, Pickford, Tarky (on a free) Dele (on a free unless he plays 6 more games or whatever & gone at end of season).

(BTW we cannot keep a 22 year old who is on 100k a week - he will be gone this or next summer)

I'm hoping someone takes Gomes on a free in January
Dele I think in almost certainty will be gone
Young I can see the manager giving him (and Coleman for that matter) another year if they are up for it.
Young isn't up for it now...... Be very surprised if he is given an extension.

Definitely Coleman.... Just give the man a life contract!

It's a fair point, but I meant IF the manager and DoF think he's worth a salary, that's up to them. Frankly I trust their judgement over yours.

In the same vien, if they don't fancy him that's fair enough too. On your way, Mr. Dele.

Because of his addiction, that he's dealing with.

I wish I could predict the future. What if he's really motivated to get back to close to where he was?

Nobody knows. It's all speculation. Your post is just backing up my point about people being entrenched in their position, unwilling to consider any alternative.

It’s not that o won’t consider alternatives , it’s that as a club financially it’s a massive risk and not one which based on his last few years , isn’t worth taking

Ah the good old let’s twist words to fit your own meaning.

You said he was “frozen out”. He quite clearly wasn’t “frozen out” as he was playing regularly. I never said he was doing well. You have added that bit.

And based off his disclosure shortly after coming back from turkey, I’m not surprised he didn’t have a good attitude at that time. But he has sought help.

You might want to educate yourself around trauma.

The trauma is the main reason why we shouldn’t sign him.

He may never recover from it , help him yes ! Pay him millions of pounds while he’s doing it? No

The trauma is the main reason why we shouldn’t sign him.

He may never recover from it , help him yes ! Pay him millions of pounds while he’s doing it? No
But he is already signed…..

None of our conversation has been about him signing. It’s based off you claiming he has no desire to play (which you have zero idea about), when he can’t play due to physical injury anyway. And then you making stuff up about him being frozen out at Spurs, despite him regularly playing for them up until he left.

It’s not that o won’t consider alternatives , it’s that as a club financially it’s a massive risk and not one which based on his last few years , isn’t worth taking
It's up to professionals to decide if the known risks are worth taking. Let's face it, after his troubles since arriving at Everton and his subsequent revelations, we as a club are FULLY aware of the risks.

If the manager (who's worked with previously broken players) and others at the club think he's worth a punt at some point this season and maybe beyond, I'd back there judgement.