2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He agreed to a transfer here when we were an absolute shambles and as part of a very strange deal that could have hampered his playing time. He got on with it with minimal fuss and didn't act like a bell about it all. He played a bit part that helped us stay up. Sometimes things don't work out.

It would be good if this move helped him get back on track

Agree mate, I just think the spark for whatever reason has gone with him and once that happens it's rare to come back.

Time to move on

Third.jpg

All the best to him, he's still a decent player. Just think he cba with the scrutiny he gets in the media anymore. Will be forgotten about over in Turkey, probably what he wants

Shame this, he's such a gifted player, but, he just doesn't seem to want to play anymore. It's a terrible waste of a career, he's 26 and should be in the prime time of his career, instead of which he's on loan in Turkey. I think the poor lad, (yes, I know, multi millionaire, drives a Rolls Royce) has his own personal demons to face and I wish him luck.

Came in January to save us, made a couple of key contributions (Leicester and Palace) to help save us.

Didn't put effort in training when we were battling relegation though so best off he leaves. Saves us 15-20M this season alone.

Best of luck to him, I still believe there is a player in there and maybe he just needs a completely new setting to thrive again. Would have liked that to be with us but we simply haven't seen enough to commit to the 10+ mil.

Disappointing how this one has all unfolded, but well done to the Club for looking to exit before we get hit with the damage.

The one thing that I wish Frank had of done, was tried 3-5-2, playing him as the second striker centrally. I think he is best coming into space and using his skill to draw defenders, play in teammates and feed off a CF.
He was never fit enough to start.

Things are even worse than I imagined, letting him go already when we are desperately short of forwards. I hope he can get his career back on track, don't like to see people on a downward spiral in their lives, I would love to know what has gone on in his life that it has effected his career this badly...Or he's just made too much money and lost the desire, not sure I believe that one.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.