2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing how this one has all unfolded, but well done to the Club for looking to exit before we get hit with the damage.

The one thing that I wish Frank had of done, was tried 3-5-2, playing him as the second striker centrally. I think he is best coming into space and using his skill to draw defenders, play in teammates and feed off a CF.

I'm just happy he's shown 10x the ambition of the likes of Davies, Gbamin, Gomes and Allan in taking a loan move. Those other four useless gets won't get much game time this year at all, yet it only looks like one of them, Gbamin, may go out again. If only they had a sense of professional pride rather than just filling their pockets and giving nothing back.

Unofficial account that
It is an unofficial account, but it has 300k MORE followers than our official Everton one.

All the major Turkish clubs has one "unofficial official" social media account they get news out with.

They're certainly more reliable for club specific news than somebody like Romano.

Shameless really. He gave up 2 years ago.
Joined Everton, new start and was showered with best wishes from us Blues. He did nothing but collect his obscene wages.

Joins Besiktas, new start and is showered with best wishes from the Besiktas fans. He'll do nothing but collect his obscene wages

Probably end up joining DC United for a new start, he'll be showered with best wishes from the DC fans. He'll do nothing but collect his obscene wages

you get my point

He agreed to a transfer here when we were an absolute shambles and as part of a very strange deal that could have hampered his playing time. He got on with it with minimal fuss and didn't act like a bell about it all. He played a bit part that helped us stay up. Sometimes things don't work out.

It would be good if this move helped him get back on track

We where right to take the chance on him, were right to cut him loose now as it just didn't work out, think we'll have ended up forming out around 5m for him in wages, well worth it given his second half v Palace changed the game and kept us up. Given how great he was early on at Spurs it's weird that the Palace game was probably the appearance that meant most in terms of what it did for a club.

So thanks for that one half, hope he enjoys his footy again at some point, can't fault the lad at all, he tried, got into great shape, and played like it mattered when called on.

But when it goes it just goes be that from injury, age or desire or whatever other cause, you can't turn the clock back. Seems a nice lad just not a very grown up one (not a nob though).

Nice to see most blues share these sentiments and are wishing him well also tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.