2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrible deal this has turned out for our club, he's going to come back unfit with not playing, we can't play him anyway because we will trigger the first £10m payment to Spurs, so obviously we have to try and sell him, which anybody knows will be extremely difficult. So we don't play him and then have to pay him £100'000 or so wages each week for the privilege ! Daniel Levy must be laughing his head off at us, we've been stuffed like a Turkey. Yes thanks Bill that's another fine mess you've got us into, at the minute the only thing that will save us, is another quick pep talk from Carlin to remind us all again how great Kenwright is...:)

Still a relatively young lad, absolutely minted and never needs to lift a leg for the rest of his adult life so the onus is entirely on him if he wants to play football anymore. Just a job to some of the players, maybe he’s just had enough after 15 odd years?
A shame for football that he is unable to rediscover his best form but if his mind/enthusiasm/heart/body/whatever else isn’t in it then it’s really up to him and nobody else to sort it. I’ve no idea what this kid has been through emotionally/physically so I won’t judge him, he had so much ability but it seems he peaked very, very early and then lost his mojo. Such a shame but not his fault people fell over themselves to offer him crazy amounts of money

Can Dyche inspire Dele? Does Dele have the talent? Yes! His problem lies in desire,hunger and actually enjoying playing football but i suspect he is too far gone for him to save his career at even sunday league level

Still a relatively young lad, absolutely minted and never needs to lift a leg for the rest of his adult life so the onus is entirely on him if he wants to play football anymore. Just a job to some of the players, maybe he’s just had enough after 15 odd years?
A shame for football that he is unable to rediscover his best form but if his mind/enthusiasm/heart/body/whatever else isn’t in it then it’s really up to him and nobody else to sort it. I’ve no idea what this kid has been through emotionally/physically so I won’t judge him, he had so much ability but it seems he peaked very, very early and then lost his mojo. Such a shame but not his fault people fell over themselves to offer him crazy amounts of money
Agree with a lot of this!

Some lads have been doing this for so long at a level were it is so intense that some will just fall out of love, or not really like it in the first place, but they were pretty good at it at 8 and just flew through!

After years of the worst recruitment in PL history, we go and do this. The worst of the lot.

What I'll never understand is 2.5 year contract. Imagine committing £10-12m in wages on Dele Alli.

Everyone in football knew. Except the most revered board in the country.

They only had to watch the Dele Alli episodes of Tottenham All or Nothing.

I feel for him as it must be a mental block at this point but he has jsut gone mentally which has affected his physical game.

After years of the worst recruitment in PL history, we go and do this. The worst of the lot.

What I'll never understand is 2.5 year contract. Imagine committing £10-12m in wages on Dele Alli.

Everyone in football knew. Except the most revered board in the country.
This is absolutely nowhere near the worst deal of the lot. Barely even top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.