2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe this where much resentment builds up about wage. Surely there are professional standards he has to meet as a footballer. I know if I don't do mandatory courses every year and required accredited learning hours that's me contraving the terms and conditions of my job, and my employer is within their rights to serve me notice.

Believe this where much resentment builds up about wage. Surely there are professional standards he has to meet as a footballer. I know if I don't do mandatory courses every year and required accredited learning hours that's me contraving the terms and conditions of my job, and my employer is within their rights to serve me notice.
That’s one major issue with modern football. Even the most average Premier League players earn more in a week than most people earn in a year. It breeds resentment and unrealistic expectations from fans towards players.

Not saying that there’s unrealistic expectations with this player, though.

I suppose the unrealistic expectation was him to actually be good. I was dismayed when we were signing him.

Meh. I’m not going to begrudge a player for scamming the club and getting paid. Blame the club for being fricking stupid. If you don’t like professional athletes getting paid absurd amounts of money, boycott. Don’t buy tickets.

I will blame the players for what they do with that privilege. If they are throwing away all their talent drunk driving, showing up unfit and not giving it their best then they rightly deserve to be criticized.

12 hours, really?

Where did you absolutely 100% make this up yourself from?
Plenty documented mate. Just Google "Dele Alli gaming addiction". Also try "Dele Alli twitch streaming". 12 hours was wrong, my bad. Apparently it was 16 hour sessions and the reason his missus left him. Could be nonsense but his twitch streams of Fortnite suggest otherwise. :coffee:

Plenty documented mate. Just Google "Dele Alli gaming addiction". Also try "Dele Alli twitch streaming". 12 hours was wrong, my bad. Apparently it was 16 hour sessions and the reason his missus left him. Could be nonsense but his twitch streams of Fortnite suggest otherwise. :coffee:
Plenty documented, yet nowhere does it mention a specific name; his streams are of a normal 2ish hour length.

The only sources for your utter nonsense are the sun and worse rags btw.

Even they didn't use the "gaming ruined the relationship" btw, they all post that 1 photo of her mocking him for playing games on insta, what a top lass she is for doing that waheeeeeeeeeey

All of this information is from 2018 too. Like the photo of Fortnite.

What a dumb narrative you've got going there, great work.

":coffee:"

I get you're of a certain age where you have to hate how you're no longer young and "kids these days" don't do the same things you did back in forever ago which makes them instantly bad, but get with the times like. x

Plenty documented, yet nowhere does it mention a specific name; his streams are of a normal 2ish hour length.

The only sources for your utter nonsense are the sun and worse rags btw.

Even they didn't use the "gaming ruined the relationship" btw, they all post that 1 photo of her mocking him for playing games on insta, what a top lass she is for doing that waheeeeeeeeeey

All of this information is from 2018 too. Like the photo of Fortnite.

What a dumb narrative you've got going there, great work.

":coffee:"

I get you're of a certain age where you have to hate how you're no longer young and "kids these days" don't do the same things you did back in forever ago which makes them instantly bad, but get with the times like. x
Behave lad. I've spent my fair share of late night hours gaming away with my mates. Spent time building gaming rigs for my kids, who incidentally play fortnite. They're 11 and 12 years old by the way. As for kids these days, Dele is far from one. Something ruined his career and I hedged a guess at why based on some stuff on the internet and watching a grown man play a kids game. Opinions and all that. Trying to burn down a comment with "dumb narrative", seams, well, pretty dumb. Anyhoo, I still have the opinion that he prioritised things other than his career and it may have influenced it's demise. Carry on with your defense of Dele, but in my opinion, it's not worth the effort.

Behave lad. I've spent my fair share of late night hours gaming away with my mates. Spent time building gaming rigs for my kids, who incidentally play fortnite. They're 11 and 12 years old by the way. As for kids these days, Dele is far from one. Something ruined his career and I hedged a guess at why based on some stuff on the internet and watching a grown man play a kids game. Opinions and all that. Trying to burn down a comment with "dumb narrative", seams, well, pretty dumb. Anyhoo, I still have the opinion that he prioritised things other than his career and it may have influenced it's demise. Carry on with your defense of Dele, but in my opinion, it's not worth the effort.
How'd you get 2 kids by playing video games for 16 hours a day mate?

I’m just gutted/disappointed at the shocking waste of talent, however he had a few good seasons and the lad seems perfectly happy and a decent spud into the bargain.

Let’s just hope we can get out of it as clean as possible and the best of luck to him.

A good player who quit playing years ago.
There’s a rumour that a couple Italian clubs might be interested.
Cross fingers, toes, eyes and anything else that they “snap him up”.

Status
Not open for further replies.