2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurs had our pants down when we bought him from there mate!
The whole Dele Alli signing surprised me to be honest, he was linked with us at one point and I'm just pleased that turned out to be nothing more than the usual noise on twitter. The lad unfortunately clearly has some personal issues he needs t deal with, I guess it's just a punt that didn't pay off, any signing in football is a gamble.

I guess when he was still at spurs there was always that chance that he could reignite his career with a change of scenery. But now it would be very hard for any club to justify the risk that comes with his high wages as the chances of him capturing any old form is extremely bleak

So we should have just signed him on loan with a view to a permanent signing, like Besiktas are doing...spurs bent us over

It seems from the figures I have seen that between loan fee and wages it will average at about 50k per week from Besiktas.
I don't know what wage we are paying Dele but that should cover a lot of it.

Everton will get a £1.86m (€2.2m) loan fee, and Besiktas will pay just £8,430 (€10,000) of Alli's wages per game.

?

Shocking!

They really, really haven't. We are saving millions.

How? As in the cash we would have paid spurs had he played for us? But by that definition he'd be contributing on the pitch (or ww wouldn't pick him) so earning his keep and building back his reputation

If we didnt sign Dele we are playing Championship footy this season.

You're on a flying carpet?

Shocking!

How? As in the cash we would have paid spurs had he played for us? But by that definition he'd be contributing on the pitch (or ww wouldn't pick him) so earning his keep and building back his reputation

You're on a flying carpet?

We either pay him his full wages, play him and shell out up to £20m this season to Spurs.
We pay him his full wages but don't play him, as was what was happening.
We pay some of his wages and let him go out and try find form.

We made the right choice.

We either pay him his full wages, play him and shell out up to £20m this season to Spurs.
We pay him his full wages but don't play him, as was what was happening.
We pay some of his wages and let him go out and try find form.

We made the right choice.

It's not right in the slightest. We should have held on til a club came in with a better offer nearer the deadline. Or played him as he's better than what we have

Status
Not open for further replies.