2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been watching some reactions, and a lot of it is frustrating to listen to. I think most people don’t actually know why he’s not picked each week, so they’ve resorted to the same old line that he’s lost passion for the game, and there’s no desire.

In his appearances I never saw that he lost a hunger, if anything his fitness level wasn’t as good as the other players which might have prevented him starting but was fine for the subs bench. As we know he was literally man of the match and turned the game against crystal palace, a team that beat us easily in the FA cup and were well on the way to doing the same. It’s just a load of bollocks that he’s lost his desire as the main reason. I watched the training videos and he has the same desire as the other players unless there’s some private training we don’t know about.

For me, I think he might have some sort of medical condition or fitness issue that’s preventing him from being selected. Medical details are something you wouldn’t disclose as it’s a privacy issue but also a business one. That’d actually be a lot more believable than losing desire for the game. Like Frank is keeping him on the bench even though he’s one of the most talented players because he’s not interested. If he’s depressed, it’s not a good idea to put him on the subs bench either.

Been watching some reactions, and a lot of it is frustrating to listen to. I think most people don’t actually know why he’s not picked each week, so they’ve resorted to the same old line that he’s lost passion for the game, and there’s no desire.

In his appearances I never saw that he lost a hunger, if anything his fitness level wasn’t as good as the other players which might have prevented him starting but was fine for the subs bench. As we know he was literally man of the match and turned the game against crystal palace, a team that beat us easily in the FA cup and were well on the way to doing the same. It’s just a load of bollocks that he’s lost his desire as the main reason. I watched the training videos and he has the same desire as the other players unless there’s some private training we don’t know about.

For me, I think he might have some sort of medical condition or fitness issue that’s preventing him from being selected. Medical details are something you wouldn’t disclose as it’s a privacy issue but also a business one. That’d actually be a lot more believable than losing desire for the game. Like Frank is keeping him on the bench even though he’s one of the most talented players because he’s not interested. If he’s depressed, it’s not a good idea to put him on the subs bench either.
I think in the All or Nothing Spurs doc on Amazon, Mourinho calls on him, in a positive way to demand more of himself, maybe reading between the lines he has just "settled" for what he has when clearly he was capable of so so much more?

None of us really know and rightly, as you say, medical issues, whether physical or mental should remain private to him.

Its a shame to have it at your fingertips and let it slip, but who knows though he may go to Turley and set the world on fire, they seem very excited about the prospect of him being over there!

Something clearly isnt quite right having said all the above though!

Frustrated listening to unsubstantiated claims about potential lost desire before proceeding to make unsubstantiated claims about a potential underlying medical condition

I think in the All or Nothing Spurs doc on Amazon, Mourinho calls on him, in a positive way to demand more of himself, maybe reading between the lines he has just "settled" for what he has when clearly he was capable of so so much more?

None of us really know and rightly, as you say, medical issues, whether physical or mental should remain private to him.

Its a shame to have it at your fingertips and let it slip, but who knows though he may go to Turley and set the world on fire, they seem very excited about the prospect of him being over there!

Something clearly isnt quite right having said all the above though!
I recently rewatched the All or Nothing doc. Seems like he was very well liked over there. Jovial but a shyness too.
The one lasting impression I have is how much his face looks to have aged over the past two or three years

Status
Not open for further replies.