2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully I’m not speaking flippantly about someone with mental health issues, but here goes.

He doesn’t fancy it. Hate to be an old bore, but he’s almost certainly someone who’s got numerous Rolls Royces, a big house and plenty of change left in the bank and thought ‘I’m done’. Mourinho saw right through him and I think Lampard has too.

There’s definitely a player in there somewhere, but I see his career going the same way as Ravel Morrison’s. He’ll retire by 30. Thanks for the good cameo against Palace.

If he goes this will have been one of our weirdest sagas in recent history. Getting some very strong Andy Van De Meyde vibes.

Also, being used in a kit launch promo appears to be a guarantee you'll be out the door this summer.

Hopefully I’m not speaking flippantly about someone with mental health issues, but here goes.

He doesn’t fancy it. Hate to be an old bore, but he’s almost certainly someone who’s got numerous Rolls Royces, a big house and plenty of change left in the bank and thought ‘I’m done’. Mourinho saw right through him and I think Lampard has too.

There’s definitely a player in there somewhere, but I see his career going the same way as Ravel Morrison’s. He’ll retire by 30. Thanks for the good cameo against Palace.
I THINK, Lampard thought he could get him motivated, get a tune out of him, make him work in training, I THINK, that after 6months he realised that the boy is gone and aint coming back. I think thats the issue, he just cba in training.

If all suspicions are correct I think we were right to take him on to see if we could turn him around (on the deal structure we agreed with spurs) and we’re right to ship him out pronto if it’s clear that he cba to put it in.

Worth the gamble because of the upside, if it costs us close to nothing then no harm no foul

We can't keep saying garbo players have mental health issues to be fair, sometimes they can just be garbo without mental health issues like the good ole days

We were round one of my wife’s best friend the day after we signed him and her husband is a massive Spurs fan. He said very bluntly that he was a spent force. All the talent in the world but absolutely no drive to play footie anymore.

I remember being told we “shouldn’t turn our noses up” at someone with Dele’s quality

I guess peeps just don’t get footy
May have been me. It is not 'getting footy' though is it? It is guessing why such a talent has fallen away. Better placed people than me and you gave him a chance

We can't keep saying garbo players have mental health issues to be fair, sometimes they can just be garbo without mental health issues like the good ole days

This is true but in the old days players had nowhere the level of attention on them that they do nowadays. Play badly back in the day and you’d get an earful from a few fans in stands and maybe a journalist would point our you poor display in a column in a newspaper the next day.

Play badly nowadays and you get thousands of people on social media talking wham about you and countless articles questioning your mentality etc.

Forgetting the money aspect I’d much rather have played football pre social media. I’m amazed the overwhelming majority of today’s players can bite their lips so well given how many absolute [Poor language removed] heads are on social media.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.