2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was something from the MK Dons side. Basically they were fuming because the deal meant that if Everton let Dele go before the 20 app mark they'd get nothing, as they're entitled to a sell-on fee.

Spurs were proper desperate to get rid weren't they.

Maybe if it's a permanent and there's an actual transfer of money though, then we'd owe them some. If it's a loan I'd doubt there'd be anything at least unless they take up the buy option.

Well with a loan, he comes back and can still trigger the fees. I think if we sell him there'll be a portion we owe Spurs.

It just raises more questions about who actually wanted him.

But he had the opportunity to prove all the media wrong, knuckle down and be a star for us. A big finger up to everyone

So be it, no big loss and good luck to him
Probably Moshiri

Lampard took charge hours before he was signed and we had no DOF.

The fee will only kick in at 20 apps.

But with the possibility of us just flipping him before that, then I am absolutely certain Spurs will get something out of it if we did that.

No way they give us him for free to just flip for profit before the 20 apps.
Levy basically transferred his contract to us. His Spurs contract was due to end 2024 same as with us.

Levy has saved big time on wages and any pay off.

He was presented as a signing to Lampard in his last interview, along with Van de Beek. It's been reliably reported mate - Athletic, Bobble, even one of the national journos all on the same page with it.

Lampard gave it the nod and the deal was done but the leg work was done before.
Well that’s the impression I got. I knew Van Der Beek was a long time target of Brands, there were rumours that Fat Benny had Ali on his list.

Then El Gahzi rocked up as well

What a plan for a team fighting relegation

Well with a loan, he comes back and can still trigger the fees. I think if we sell him there'll be a portion we owe Spurs.
Will see won't we, none of us know so just see what comes out in the wash if it happens.

Personally I'd keep him but if there's no place for him in the system - which it is difficult for because IMO he only fits one system, and we don't have the quality passers to get the ball into him where he can hurt teams - then if there's an option to get his wages out the door so be it.

Well that’s the impression I got. I knew Van Der Beek was a long time target of Brands, there were rumours that Fat Benny had Ali on his list.

Then El Gahzi rocked up as well

What a plan for a team fighting relegation
El Ghazi was all on Moshiri. Ludicrous.

They basically went back to Brands' list for Patterson, Mykolenko and Van de Beek. Think Dele was one that probably became available late in the window.

We're going to have a mad few weeks. And tbh the squad needs it, it's crap, I'm not precious over any of them.

El Ghazi was all on Moshiri. Ludicrous.

They basically went back to Brands' list for Patterson, Mykolenko and Van de Beek. Think Dele was one that probably became available late in the window.

We're going to have a mad few weeks. And tbh the squad needs it, it's crap, I'm not precious over any of them.
Indeed, it’s been a long long time since I’ve thought “couldn’t give a rats arse if they all left”.

Never been so disconnected with the club, but I’m happy for this great big reset and allow time for it to play out

Wasn’t expecting this at all.. I think he should be starting for us, he has all of the ability and by all accounts had a good preseason/is in great shape.

The only explanations could be:

1. The player himself isn’t happy, and wants to play every week. Or simply doesn’t fancy himself as good enough anymore.
2. We don’t think we’re getting bang for our buck and want to cut the deal before the add ons kick in.

From what I’ve seen, it looks like £10m for every 20 appearances, up to £40m? That’s £10m in 7 games’ time, and £20m total in 27 games.

There might just be better value out there for £20m.

If we receive any fee, I’m pretty sure there’s some kind of sell on % we would owe Spurs.

Indeed, it’s been a long long time since I’ve thought “couldn’t give a rats arse if they all left”.

Never been so disconnected with the club, but I’m happy for this great big reset and allow time for it to play out
I actually do like a lot of them, they seem like nice lads.

But we're crap, so so be it.

I think he's been extremely poor bar one 45 minutes. That's not enough.

And I think he is absolutely not what we need right now. We cannot afford luxury players right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.