2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
For clarity, I'm meaning being in the mileau of professional football.

Ferguson scored more than 1 in 2 in Scotland for over a decade.
To be fair I don't think anyone who has not been in professional football will get a sniff of a decent job (rightly or wrongly) so everyone will have been "somewhere" at some point.

As much as I think I deserve the Everton job they won't just appoint me.

Actually...they could.

He might not play well again Dynamo Kyiv and we lash out on him again.

And then went on to scored Hat-trick against Chelsea. lol

In many ways it can be a hindrance. I remember reading about how Alan Ball struggled in his time at Southampton because he could not get his head around how his players could not do the things he could as a player.

Ferguson, Mourinho, Hitzfeld, the idiot across the park, none of them were particularly good players.
Arsene Wenger never even played professionally either

What's baffling me about last season, is that we were playing a 5-3-2, fighting for survival and everyone's moaning Dele isn't playing. You can play Dele in that formation when you're fighting for survival cause he's not that kind of player. As a result of that everyone's written him off.

This season, certainly at the start, I think we'll see a change in formation with Dele playing centrally behind DCL, and we'll see a much better footballer, who'll grow in confidence through the season. Not saying he's going to be amazing but people need to give him a chance to actually get a team where we can play the formation we wanna play with him in it.

It's a quandary all right. He is, potentially the most gifted player at the club, however, he needs a good run of games to show whether he still has the application to do it at this level. That's where our problem starts, if we give him a run of games, it becomes costly, that is acceptable if we get the player we all know is in there. If, on the other hand, he is still lethargic and disinterested after 10 games, he then becomes a £10 million disaster.

What's baffling me about last season, is that we were playing a 5-3-2, fighting for survival and everyone's moaning Dele isn't playing. You can play Dele in that formation when you're fighting for survival cause he's not that kind of player. As a result of that everyone's written him off.

This season, certainly at the start, I think we'll see a change in formation with Dele playing centrally behind DCL, and we'll see a much better footballer, who'll grow in confidence through the season. Not saying he's going to be amazing but people need to give him a chance to actually get a team where we can play the formation we wanna play with him in it.
I don't remember seeing us play 532 a single time tbh

I remember 343/523 plenty, but at no time do I remember seeing us play with two strikers

It's annoying that DCL isn't fit because he's the perfect complementary player for Dele and his game. Playing 5 at the back is a bit difficult with him as he's best through the middle and means you leave Gordon out or play him up front when his best assets are on the wing. It's a shame Richy has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.