2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It doesn't suit my argument anymore, so they don't matter"
No mate, I never thought the mattered. I said he got the job because he was a good player and someone said it was because he had the badges. But obviously it isn't since anyone can get them. He got the job because he was a good player. Or at least that's why he got his start where he did.

Some people will say that's fine. Some won't. Regardless he needs to stop playing Dele out wide because he's too slow for it.

Back to this sport Wasn't Mourinho a gym teacher before he became a interpreter for Bobby Robson and he played professional football in Portugal but was pretty forgettable. So I agree you don't need to be a gifted athlete to be a savvy manager
Nagelsmann too.

Back to this sport Wasn't Mourinho a gym teacher before he became a interpreter for Bobby Robson and he played professional football in Portugal but was pretty forgettable. So I agree you don't need to be a gifted athlete to be a savvy manager

"Played professional football" is the key there.

In many ways it can be a hindrance. I remember reading about how Alan Ball struggled in his time at Southampton because he could not get his head around how his players could not do the things he could as a player.

Ferguson, Mourinho, Hitzfeld, the idiot across the park, none of them were particularly good players.

In many ways it can be a hindrance. I remember reading about how Alan Ball struggled in his time at Southampton because he could not get his head around how his players could not do the things he could as a player.

Ferguson, Mourinho, Hitzfeld, the idiot across the park, none of them were particularly good players.

For clarity, I'm meaning being in the mileau of professional football.

Ferguson scored more than 1 in 2 in Scotland for over a decade.

in Australian Rugby League quite a few of the elite coaches never played at what you would call a decent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.