2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a goalscorer and we have hardly been scoring for fun, I don't buy into saving him for next season whatever, if he's good enough get him on if not, why the hell did we go in for him, mental again.

Changes the dynamic of the set up though. You basically are playing 2 up top and need a steady midfield. We don't have that.

Personally felt he was brought in cos we could get him at that time but Lampard overestimated the quality of the squad.

Personally felt he should've played against Watford.

Changes the dynamic of the set up though. You basically are playing 2 up top and need a steady midfield. We don't have that.

Personally felt he was brought in cos we could get him at that time but Lampard overestimated the quality of the squad.

Personally felt he should've played against Watford.
It's very hard to judge a success or not if he doesn't get games. I agree with you, should've started at least one so that's why I question if other things effect him because didn't Harry Redknapp state that he thought a change would've done him good, he may have off field issues effecting his mentality. We'll never know, I do know he can score goals though.

Fellaini was surprisingly effective as a second striker. But his best position was CM, hence my original comment.

If you're saying Alli should be used as a second striker then yes, I agree 100%. Because that's the ONLY position he can play.

There were people on here that didn’t believe me when I said he couldn’t play in midfield when we signed him.

He was a good player, all he needs to do is be a good player again for 2 games.
He slots or makes a winner and he's a legend.

Cometh the hour...?
And dele is nowhere to be seen. The kit man saw him in the changing rooms downloading the fortnite update. It's 25gb so probably won't be back pitch side due to the crap wifi at GP.

There were people on here that didn’t believe me when I said he couldn’t play in midfield when we signed him.
FIFA virgins, every single one of them.

Theoretically Alli *might* be effective running off of DCL in a 4-4-1-1, but young Dominic has been injured for beards so there's been no real opportunity to try it.

Richi plays CF in a totally different way to DCL, so I can see why Lampard hasn't tried Alli playing off Richi - it obviously wouldn't work.

Fellaini's best position was as a second striker
100%, he was easily at his best further up the pitch but a bloody liability in central midfield. He couldn't tackle so to suggest it was his best position is crazy. He never got goals as a marauding box to box midfielder. It was sitting behind the striker and causing mayhem with his height and strength. Also very quick with his feet for such a tall player.

How in gods name does this deal work?we don't pay anything till he plays certain amount of games but can we sell him before then???

Status
Not open for further replies.