2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
The icing on the cake to the worst and most pathetic January transfer window for any club ever!

Alli
El Ghazi
Van Der Beek
Patterson

So far, 4 complete duds and a total waste of everybody’s time and effort.
Patterson is unfortunate the other three I agree they have offered little we needed a CB or a DM in the window.

Can only assume some of the rumours about his off field antics could be true, so strange to drop off a cliff, seems to be the norm at Everton, where players go to die.

For me he is the very epitome of young lad earning way too much money, despite winning nowt and has lost his passion for football, it'll be just a job to him as opposed to a love of the game. Mind you there's not much too love in my opinion, PL has ruined the sport for the working man.

Can only assume some of the rumours about his off field antics could be true, so strange to drop off a cliff, seems to be the norm at Everton, where players go to die.

For me he is the very epitome of young lad earning way too much money, despite winning nowt and has lost his passion for football, it'll be just a job to him as opposed to a love of the game. Mind you there's not much too love in my opinion, PL has ruined the sport for the working man.

Or.... we're not in a position to get the best out of him and Lamps is using others to be more productive.

You either play him as a support striker or from the left and not ask him to track back. Options limited to play him.

He comes on and bangs in the winner against Palace it'll be money well spent

Nailed it, my general enjoyment of the modern game has fallen off the cliff.

We should be using him like Fellaini. That's his role.
Can't agree, sorry.

Fellaini was a CM who was capable of playing up front in certain defined circumstances, if we were desperate.

Alli is emphatically NOT a CM. Never has been, never will be. Not is he a 10 in conventional sense, because he lacks creativity.

He is exclusively a second striker who plays behind a classic CF. In theory he *might* be able to play as a CF but I doubt it.

One of my brothers-in-law is a Spurs fan, a ST holder for nearly 20 years. He was ecstatic to see Alli leave, and said that we'd regret taking him.

Or.... we're not in a position to get the best out of him and Lamps is using others to be more productive.

You either play him as a support striker or from the left and not ask him to track back. Options limited to play him.

He comes on and bangs in the winner against Palace it'll be money well spent
He's a goalscorer and we have hardly been scoring for fun, I don't buy into saving him for next season whatever, if he's good enough get him on if not, why the hell did we go in for him, mental again.

Can't agree, sorry.

Fellaini was a CM who was capable of playing up front in certain defined circumstances, if we were desperate.

Alli is emphatically NOT a CM. Never has been, never will be. Not is he a 10 in conventional sense, because he lacks creativity.

He is exclusively a second striker who plays behind a classic CF. In theory he *might* be able to play as a CF but I doubt it.

One of my brothers-in-law is a Spurs fan, a ST holder for nearly 20 years. He was ecstatic to see Alli leave, and said that we'd regret taking him.

Fellaini's best position was as a second striker

Status
Not open for further replies.