2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can hold the ball up, he should be able to play there.

Firmino would be a good example for him to follow. If you've got a good touch, close control and vision, you don't necessarily have to be strong or fast to be the focal point in attack.

It's a fair point, and stylistically he is quite similar. The issue is of course that Firmino fits how Liverpool play perfectly, whereas I'm really not sure we set up to maximise such a player. However, it is very much a case of needs must.

Saying we are signing ex Burnley players only this summer, big Wout Weghorst would slot in lovely instead of Alli.

He has as good a first touch as big Rom, as good a hold up play as Anichebe, has as much pace as big Strac had, and has more of a 50p head than Michael Keane. He is the full package.

And he has great feet for a big man.

It's a fair point, and stylistically he is quite similar. The issue is of course that Firmino fits how Liverpool play perfectly, whereas I'm really not sure we set up to maximise such a player. However, it is very much a case of needs must.
Right - put him in that position in Liverpool’s side and he’d probably be better than Firmino assuming he worked hard. But we’ll have McNeil, Gordon and Gray running in behind…I actually think Dele is a great fit off of DCL but I’m not getting my hopes up for if he’s isolated. Would love it worked though.

What’s a false 9?
Screenshot_20220803-220111_Google.jpg

Bit simplified like , but this.

Status
Not open for further replies.