Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s fair to say Alli and VDB both need to play as a 10 to get the best out of them, what formation will we now be playing?

40 Mill for Dele Alli is insane. I won't be surprised if half of that amount is based on winning trophies, CL qualification etc. If Lampard is successful to unlock potential he showed few years back, this deal will look like a master stroke.
My worry is wages. Any idea what he will be on? I imagine something in the region of 60k a week. This could explain the relatively short contract. We have been caught in this area in the past.

I did'nt want Lampard but anyone but Benitez is an improvement. Davek would be an improvement over a bloke with one victory in 16 games.

And what does Frank do - goes outs and gets the clothes peg, and The Sun's wag-master that is Deli Ali.
A number of Spurs managers have tried it with Deli Ali but all gave up. D-A has bulked up, slowed up and is
no longer a threat. A big ego who has limited talent - he will be an ideal cards partner for Iwobi and Delph.

Does anyone think that Moyes would have got D-A? No, he would have got a hungry bloke with lots of upside
not a bloke with more pics with slappers than pics of his goals.

I hope I am wrong.
Look at who has had a go at getting DA playing well, Mourinho a defensive dinosaur who's no longer relevant, Nuno Espirito Santo whatever that is and Conte who's not been there a wet day. Let's see how he gets on here before writing him off completely.

My worry is wages. Any idea what he will be on? I imagine something in the region of 60k a week. This could explain the relatively short contract. We have been caught in this area in the past.
I'd say double that and you are closer to the actual figure.

Iwobi isn’t worth that at all though mate.
Thing is I think we have to look at this deal for what it is right now, which is zero in fees.

Then the £10m will only kick in come next season as that's when he'll have played 20 games by. Which means, it'll be able to put onto next year's accounts.

The likelihood of it ever getting to £30m (35m Euro) is probably pretty slim I bet. The likelihood of it getting to £40m is probably zilch. And if it has done, it probably means we've got in the CL or something and Alli will probably have been worth it.

The risk, as you say, is if we go down. But, let's face it, we're screwed if that happens and the point of bringing in a player like Alli is that he hopefully provides the added quality that means we don't go down.

I think we would probably have preferred a loan but that's what we get for allowing Moshiri/Kia to interfere.

Looks like a really niche acid jazz folk fusion band signing their first record deal lol

Please god don't start giving him grief over that red dread lock. Don't need to be starting off on the wrong foot by looking like petty miserable weirdos. Like we did over koemans tree. Convinced he just plain difnt like us after that fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.