Transfer Rumour Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus isn't he linked to PSG? Can't see him choosing us over them and I doubt Spurs will want to give us anything just like with the goalkeeper situation that ended with us going for Olsen.

Plus isn't he linked to PSG? Can't see him choosing us over them and I doubt Spurs will want to give us anything just like with the goalkeeper situation that ended with us going for Olsen.

If Spurs want him off the wage bill/out of the squad so that we can get another player in and Dele wants to go to Everton then Spurs wouldn't really have any choice.

Because buying "big 6" cast offs has worked so well for us in the recent past...
Overhyped and overrated, got the attention because he scored a few goals, his all round play is very average.

I think he is a very good player who has lost his way a bit. You never know what a change of scenery can do for someone.

Not really paid attention to him for a while though.

We do need to avoid falling into this trap of saying we should not sign cast offs from top 6 clubs etc. Any transfer can be judged on its own merit and every transfer comes with its own risks. You can get a Gareth Barry or a Fabian Delph, Lukaku was a top six cast off etc.

He has a knack of scoring goals. He ghosts into the box and would offer decent support to dom. If he takes siggy's place it's a no-brainer. Could you imagine the damage he'd do if he had James feeding him?

He wouldn't offer much going backwards, but I'm sure whatever covering he'd do, it would be more than siggy, or maybe even gomes. It'd be a yes from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.