Dedryck Boyata

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hes 20 years old, clearly he has a lot to learn.

He doesnt need to learn it here.

We aint some feeder Club, no matter what Kenwrong thinks.

It's not like we'd be loaning him though, is it? That said I don't particularly want him either.

Actually this reminds me of that Eric Dier. Did we seriously loan him without a chance of buying him? We basically acted like some kind of free training program for Sporting Lisbon.

So hes 20 years old, clearly he has a lot to learn.

He doesnt need to learn it here.

We aint some feeder Club, no matter what Kenwrong thinks.

Nobody's suggesting we put him in the first team. But if we're selling Yobo then we need someone to sit on the bench and provide cover for suspensions ect and if City want to give us someone for a year until our kids are ready then good.

Nobody's suggesting we put him in the first team. But if we're selling Yobo then we need someone to sit on the bench and provide cover for suspensions ect and if City want to give us someone for a year until our kids are ready then good.

So this is about loaning him?

My bad if so. That would be stupid, for me. I'd rather give Duffy a go.

It depends who we're losing, like I said. If it's just Yobo then yeah Johnny and Duffy together might give us enough cover but if it's both Yobo and distin/johnny too then we really need reinforcements there.

But we'd need some reinforcements with more than 9 league appearances, for me, in that hypothetical. This guy's one for the future.

But we'd need some reinforcements with more than 9 league appearances, for me, in that hypothetical. This guy's one for the future.

For the bench? For no money? We'd struggle to find anyone, to be honest. If City are paying his wages, like they tend to, then what do we lose in beefing up the squad a little especially if we are selling our current back up defenders.

I can't say I'm hugely for it, but I'm not against it.

For the bench? For no money? We'd struggle to find anyone, to be honest. If City are paying his wages, like they tend to, then what do we lose in beefing up the squad a little especially if we are selling our current back up defenders.

I can't say I'm hugely for it, but I'm not against it.

Wait, what? No not for the bench. You said "but if it's both Yobo and distin/johnny too". In that scenario we'd need some experience to replace them.

Benchwarmer-wise we really don't need too much. Duffy would do for me. But if we lost 2-3 of our 4 experienced CBs we'd need 1-2 good replacements. We've managed fine without Yobo, but we have been lucky with injuries at the back this season.

Hes a good player for me, for the right fee he could be a great deal - people are never excited by defenders.

You could have had a similar thread about Onuhua last season - who had a terrific season at Sunderlad.

Hes a good player for me, for the right fee he could be a great deal - people are never excited by defenders.

You could have had a similar thread about Onuhua last season - who had a terrific season at Sunderlad.

I think it's because we're fairly solid at the back; Distin and Jags are excellent, Hibbo is solid, Nev is versatile and won't let you down and we've got a WC finalist in Heitinga playing backup. Not to mention the best LB in Europe for me at the moment.

But we've got an incredibly weak strike force and no widemen, which is embarrassing actually -- we seem to play every game with a midfield of just centre mids and/or defenders.

Wait, what? No not for the bench. You said "but if it's both Yobo and distin/johnny too". In that scenario we'd need some experience to replace them.

Benchwarmer-wise we really don't need too much. Duffy would do for me. But if we lost 2-3 of our 4 experienced CBs we'd need 1-2 good replacements. We've managed fine without Yobo, but we have been lucky with injuries at the back this season.

We have four CBs, we play with 2 so if we lose 2 (Yobo and one of distin/johnny too) we'd need two for the bench/cover. Duffy might be ready to take one of those places, this lad would be the other.

I'd prefer going with three or four Cbs good enough to start like we've had for the last two years like but I don't think it would be disastrous not to.

We have four CBs, we play with 2 so if we lose 2 (Yobo and one of distin/johnny too) we'd need two for the bench/cover. Duffy might be ready to take one of those places, this lad would be the other.

I'd prefer going with three or four Cbs good enough to start like we've had for the last two years like but I don't think it would be disastrous not to.

I see what you're saying now.

But then we'd be replacing 2 senior CBs with 2 young, inexperienced ones. I don't mind replacing one with a young 'un -- especially when said young player is our own; i.e. not on loan -- but we'd need some experience. Something like the Lucas Neill deal from the other season. That was a great bit of business, as we hit an unexpected injury crisis and his experience and versatility really helped.

I see what you're saying now.

But then we'd be replacing 2 senior CBs with 2 young, inexperienced ones. I don't mind replacing one with a young 'un -- especially when said young player is our own; i.e. not on loan -- but we'd need some experience. Something like the Lucas Neill deal from the other season. That was a great bit of business, as we hit an unexpected injury crisis and his experience and versatility really helped.

We'll see.

I agree that if we are selling 2 CBs, I would like an experienced replacement but I wouldn't be against bringing in this lad Senderos style just for a body in case of injuries.

Duffy is not ready - hence why he was loaned to Burnley. He did well - at that level and they bid for him but honestly, I have a friend who went to a lot of the reserve games and he basically told me he should never get in the 1st team, his touch is atrocious, alls he has going for him is he's good in the air and strong but beyond that...not so much.
I've met him out a couple times and he's a nice lad but niceness doesn't make you a good football player.

We'll see.

I agree that if we are selling 2 CBs, I would like an experienced replacement but I wouldn't be against bringing in this lad Senderos style just for a body in case of injuries.

He can't be as bad as Senderos, because Boyata's been on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.